OH MY!

Comments

• All I'm saying is that I'd like for one of our family members to heal before we look at the strangers on the streets. He is one of us.

If a person is sick but doesn't want to see a doctor will they ever get better? No they won't. Its that simple

St. Augustine didn't want to heal!

Mina you have exams too! I do have a life.

Why is the world attacking me? I feel like St. Athanasius, except not as Holy.
  • 1. Augustine is not a saint in the Oriental Orthodox communion. 2. At one point he had a change of heart, and that is how God works. God didn't change him by force or simply for his mom's incessant prayers. The prayers helped but he had a change of heart and then God worked.
  • Sigh, Lord have mercy on us all.
  • I'm not making you participate with me. If you're not interested, then please stop interfering and making negative comments. I do look at my own salvation first, before anyone else's. From reading a few of his articles in the blog, it sounds like this dude is confused. He says plenty of times that he still doesn't know if this is natural or not.
    Although he is an adult, I still think we can shed some light to him. You're never too old to learn. I am not going to try to convince him, but rather quote verses from the Scripture. He used a few verses out of context. The converting is between him and God. I just want to educate him.

• [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123749#msg123749 date=1291690788]
    You know what? I'll do it myself. I think servant33 was interested too, he/she can join me if he/she would like, but other than that, you guys aren't invited to join the "converting the gay copt" party we're having. It's gonna be alota fun.

Meanies.

Fine, be that way. Me Mina are gonna have our own party. And it's gonna be cooler than yours.

[quote author=jydeacon link=topic=10127.msg123754#msg123754 date=1291691451]
    1. Augustine is not a saint in the Oriental Orthodox communion.

I could have sworn he was. I searched his name on the copticchurch.net synaxarium but didn't get any results...but Wikipedia says he's venerated in the Oriental Orthodox church. And Wikipedia doesn't lie.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123756#msg123756 date=1291692016]
    I'm not making you participate with me. If you're not interested, then please stop interfering and making negative comments. I do look at my own salvation first, before anyone else's. From reading a few of his articles in the blog, it sounds like this dude is confused. He says plenty of times that he still doesn't know if this is natural or not.
    Although he is an adult, I still think we can shed some light to him. You're never too old to learn. I am not going to try to convince him, but rather quote verses from the Scripture. He used a few verses out of context. The converting is between him and God. I just want to educate him.

At the very least, you're going to have to find a way to present it to him in a way he's never seen before. I think he said somewhere that he tried coming out at age 11....he must have heard practically everything in the book between then and now.
  • Does ANYBODY want to be my friend?
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=10127.msg123757#msg123757 date=1291692074]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123749#msg123749 date=1291690788]
    You know what? I'll do it myself. I think servant33 was interested too, he/she can join me if he/she would like, but other than that, you guys aren't invited to join the "converting the gay copt" party we're having. It's gonna be alota fun.

Meanies.

Fine, be that way. Me Mina are gonna have our own party. And it's gonna be cooler than yours.

you got it...just in 15 days....after exams :-D

I could have sworn he was. I searched his name on the copticchurch.net synaxarium but didn't get any results...but Wikipedia says he's venerated in the Oriental Orthodox church. And Wikipedia doesn't lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=10127.msg123757#msg123757 date=1291692074]

Meanies.

Lol you guys make me miss my young, innocent years.

George, "Fine, be that way" was one of the things I always used to say to my brother(older) when he didn't give me what I want.
  • I think this is a Kumbaya moment.

As for TITL, we are all your friends.  Don't be disheartened by Minagir, he's grumpy because he has exams.  A cup of tea and some dry Orban and he'll be back to himself again.

I have exams also but I don't get grumpy.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=10127.msg123761#msg123761 date=1291692495]
    [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=10127.msg123757#msg123757 date=1291692074]

Meanies.

you got it...just in 15 days....after exams :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.
    See? According to that, he's venerated in our church.

[quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123760#msg123760 date=1291692359]
    Does ANYBODY want to be my friend?

I'm in no way against what you want to do; I'm just confused as to how to go about doing it.

[quote author=JoyfulinHim link=topic=10127.msg123763#msg123763 date=1291692543]

George, "Fine, be that way" was one of the things I always used to say to my brother(older) when he didn't give me what I want.

Hehe, it's something I usually only say when I'm joking. Yet, I'm 18 and only months away from going off to college, but I truly believe that I'm just a little kid inside. I long for it to stay this way.

• The guy in that video sounds gay actually. Go figure.
  • I actually really like that voice.
  • Geoge_Mina_Awad:  Asked how?

Reply:  send the previous link.
  • I'm sorry, but that lost me
  • Send:  the Kumbaya link from Youtube that TITL posted.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=10127.msg123766#msg123766 date=1291692894]

Hehe, it's something I usually only say when I'm joking. Yet, I'm 18 and only months away from going off to college, but I truly believe that I'm just a little kid inside. I long for it to stay this way.

I am around your age and I still say some of those things. To add to it, I pick up and repeat new ones from my younger cousins in a joking manner as well. I long and work hard to be a little kid inside. You are so blessed to already have achieved it.

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

Pray for me
  • [quote author=JoyfulinHim link=topic=10127.msg123779#msg123779 date=1291693973]
    [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=10127.msg123766#msg123766 date=1291692894]

I am around your age and I still say some of those things. To add to it, I pick up and repeat new ones from my younger cousins in a joking manner as well. I long and work hard to be a little kid inside. You are so blessed to already have achieved it.

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

Pray for me

Please pray for me as well. Although I view myself as a little kid, I still lack the innocence and humility Christ was speaking of.
  • No he's saying you, Jimmy, asked how I, TITL, am going to email the gay dude, gay dude. so he, ilovesaintmark, suggested that i, TITL, should send him the kumbaya link. It's a joke. Just laugh and move on.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123781#msg123781 date=1291694141]
    No he's saying you, Jimmy, asked how I, TITL, am going to email the gay dude, gay dude. so he, ilovesaintmark, suggested that i, TITL, should send him the kumbaya link. It's a joke. Just laugh and move on.

Ahahaha. Wow. Failure on my part. I usually get it when he's joking too.

This is a sign that I need sleep. This Jets-Patriots game seems to be over anyway. Goodnight guys.
  • I had to read it about 42 times to understand him too.
  • Still highly unacceptable on my part
  • Augustine of Hippo is a grey area it seems. I'm sure I've heard Bishops quote him in sermons, but I'm sure he had some widely erroneous beliefs. But that's all for another topic.

I think it is admirable that TITL some others want to try and help this person, but I'm unsure of whether it would be any of my business to do so. The quote on the speck in your brother's eye and the plank in your own comes to mind.

It's worth a topic of it's own actually, when to draw the line in cases like these.
  • May Lord have mercy upon all us sinners and lighten his way and open our eyes.

btw: actually wikipedia is not an reliable source...everybody can edit pages there... :)  :-X

I don't think it's a bad idea to let a bisschop or a priest talking with him and trying to help him...
    Oh, and I found this: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_copt.htm
    I think it are good points, but dont understand the part of "Active homosexuals are not saved."?? Everyone is saved?  ??? And: "Homosexuals will not repent of their sins." ?? Can anyone explain? Why can't/ will they not repent?

Remember me in ur prayers, and let's pray for that guy.

GB +
  • Ummm...... ok I took a power nap last night and when i woke up all of your are invited to parties!! :(

Wi ana robat gasma?!
  • You can be on my team Abanoub! The other party is too crowded, and they probably serve lousy party food. Ιωσήφ Γαβριήλ, you can also be on my team, along with servant33. I think it's even now.

We can be called the "Tervanoφ".. oo, scary.

And Iωσήφ Γαβριήλ, we're not looking at the speck in his eye and correcting it. I wasn't planning on correcting him, but maybe just educating him a bit on the Bible (ie how God destroyed sodom and gomorrah, how we're not born to sin, lev 20:13, 1 cor 6:12, how homosexuals will not enter the kingdom of heaven).

After all, he IS Coptic. I'm surprised he hasn't converted to a less-strict religion. I think it's a sign of hope/confusion. We'll just try it. I don't want to get into a debate with him. If he starts to attack then we'll just step back and leave him alone. I think the problem is, people are too afraid to approach him about the problem. If there was a gay dude at your church, would you really go up to him and start preaching the Bible? lol Maybe some people have done that already, maybe not. I just want to give it a try. 

I think this thread can help us a lot: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=9624.0
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123821#msg123821 date=1291730404] If he starts to attack then we'll just step back and leave him alone. I think the problem is, people are too afraid to approach him about the problem. If there was a gay dude at your church, would you really go up to him and start preaching the Bible? lol Maybe some people have done that already, maybe not. I just want to give it a try. 

I think this thread can help us a lot: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=9624.0

I agree with you that we should not give up on him and we should NOT step back if he starts to attack but rather reorganize the way we approach him to not make him feel like he's being antagonized.
    It is really important that we help this guy especially because his way of thinking (which is greatly influenced by satan) can spread to others (from our church, sadly) and now it would be even more difficult to handle.
  • yea if you looks at the comments on facebook and his blog you can see he is getting allot of support and it would be bad if we let it spread to the youth in our own churches... and YAY!! I'm in a party! And we get to write a letter! :P
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123821#msg123821 date=1291730404]
    You can be on my team Abanoub! The other party is too crowded, and they probably serve lousy party food. Ιωσήφ Γαβριήλ, you can also be on my team, along with servant33. I think it's even now.

We can be called the "Tervanoφ".. oo, scary.

And Iωσήφ Γαβριήλ, we're not looking at the speck in his eye and correcting it. I wasn't planning on correcting him, but maybe just educating him a bit on the Bible (ie how God destroyed sodom and gomorrah, how we're not born to sin, lev 20:13, 1 cor 6:12, how homosexuals will not enter the kingdom of heaven).

After all, he IS Coptic. I'm surprised he hasn't converted to a less-strict religion. I think it's a sign of hope/confusion. We'll just try it. I don't want to get into a debate with him. If he starts to attack then we'll just step back and leave him alone. I think the problem is, people are too afraid to approach him about the problem. If there was a gay dude at your church, would you really go up to him and start preaching the Bible? lol Maybe some people have done that already, maybe not. I just want to give it a try. 

I can see your way of thinking, you've convinced me  :)