OH MY!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Lord Have Mercy!!

http://gaycopt.blogspot.com/

What's worse is that it's coming from an adult!

Comments

• Why are you shocked? Look to yourself.
  • OH...DON'T BE SHOCKED....actually i think that specific person came here on the site a looong time ago and opened a homosexuality thread which got out of hand because of what he said.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=10127.msg123616#msg123616 date=1291655985]
    Why are you shocked? Look to yourself.

You're right. I'm worse of a sinner.

Forgive me
  • Lord have mercy on us all
  • "And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3

Thank you sodr2 for reminding me.

I guess I'm just really upset because this person made a blog for the world to witness. I think it is 500 X better to sin in your own room than in public. The blog had 125 views before I posted this, and it was only created a few weeks ago I think. Hopefully none of them were Coptic kids..

Indeed, may the Lord have mercy on us all.
  • HEY!!!!!!
    We are not condemning anyone here.....sometimes we need to talk about these things to make sure that we don't fall into these sins.
  • Lord have mercy on us all.

Ebnyasoo3
  • If we weren't condemning people, then we would not have pointed fingers to any specific person, but we are, I am.

I don't know, maybe Fr. Peter can enlighten us, and help us to realize our mistakes, if any.

I was unaware of my error in the original post until sodr2 replied.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123621#msg123621 date=1291658411]
    "And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3

Thank you sodr2 for reminding me.

I guess I'm just really upset because this person made a blog for the world to witness. I think it is 500 X better to sin in your own room than in public. The blog had 125 views before I posted this, and it was only created a few weeks ago I think. Hopefully none of them were Coptic kids..

Indeed, may the Lord have mercy on us all.

I wish to reach your level of humility.
  • ummm.... guys has anyone noticed that he is trying to use scripture and lives of holy saints to justify homosexuality....

I'm not really ... you know...smart....

But i think someone needs to talk to him!

• [email protected]

We should come up with a good email and send it to him. Abanoub2000 can send it from his email address, since he's the brilliant one that thought of this. Also, I don't wanna die now.

So what should we say? Stop being gay?
  • No the main problem is the advocacy of Coptic homosexuality through the website, not with him being homosexual
  • Well I haven't read the blog and I don't intend to but maybe he's writing all that and using scripture because he feels unloved or rejected. I mean I might be making a complex situation very simple, but perhaps he's trying to prove that he's not doing something wrong and he's trying to hold on to his faith and justify his actions while struggling with this sin.

I don't know.. just a thought.

I know it's hard not to judge. Well for me, I'm completely uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuality and encounters with homosexuals which makes it hard not to judge, but like was mentioned earlier, I should look at my own sins first.

I agree with servant33. I doubt that sending an email telling him to personally change will do anything but create a heated situation, we should pray for him and ourselves that God have mercy on us and to help us live lives pleasing to Him. I'm sure God will send him someone to help him, inshatallah. As for it advocating Coptic homosexuality I don't know if a blog is going to really influence anyone that hasn't already indulged in homosexuality. Our church is pretty explicit about homo. being a sin so I don't think there will be any confusion as to what the Church really thinks.

Sigh..the struggles of this world!

mary
  • Should we just invite him to this site and talk it out with him? I know Mina said he was here before and things got out of hand, but we have a lot of mature posters, and I'm sure Fr. Peter can teach him a thing or two on Christian morals and values ;)
  • I'm not sure that'll help. In his eyes, he is not unjustified, and the world as a collective whole is against him, which would include us. There's no guarantee that it won't become heated this time around.
  • Lord have mercy!  I'm completely speechless  :'( 
    This individual definitely needs lots and lots of prayers to able to change his way of thinking.
  • If we ask him to come to the site, things will definitely get out of hand. And most of us, myself included, are not capable of dealing with this lovingly as it should be. Maybe, like TITL said, we can draft up an email together, maybe on a google doc, so that we can mutually edit it with moderators making sure we are dealing with this lovingly and then send it to him from his Coptic brothers and sisters. The topic of the email will not be discussing the sin but requesting that he close the website.
  • I can create an email address called "[email protected]" and PM the password to whoever is interested, and we can just work on it as a draft until we're finished to send it off.
  • TITL,

If you are trying to reach out to this person either in loving manner for his penance or for the matter of supplication towards the shutting down of his blog, I would think that your e-mail name already sets an aggressive tone.  I do not think he will be open for either.

[joke, I'm labeling this ahead of time] Geomike, who is the scariest person to play with computers on this website, can shut him down I'm sure.  I have a feeling Geo can shut my whole office down.  I hope to learn in my lifetime 1/10th of what Geo knows now about computers.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10127.msg123735#msg123735 date=1291688905]
    [joke, I'm labeling this ahead of time] Geomike, who is the scariest person to play with computers on this website, can shut him down I'm sure.  I have a feeling Geo can shut my whole office down.  I hope to learn in my lifetime 1/10th of what Geo knows now about computers.

hmm.....not google? no one can shut down google.....actually a read an article about the Chinese government ordered to hack google because ppl can search for things about the leader of the country that they don't like.
  • Yeah just like ILSM said, we are reaching out to him in love. If he is struggling with this sin - it is just as if a part of us is struggling with this sin. We don't want to be "against" him, which will no doubt cause him to go against us as well. We want to let him know we are here for him if he needs help in his struggle with it and to let him know that his talent for blogging and telling Saints lives can be used for a beneficial purpose that does not cause controversy in the church.
  • [email protected] was a joke.

How about (in all seriousness):

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    thewaytruth&[email protected]
    [email protected]

Speaking of geomike, I hope that kid is doin well. Maybe if he stops hacking into tasbeha accounts, he won't get himself in so much trouble at school (just kidding! ;D )
  • Nothing is going to help this person unless this person wants help. You can't correct someone who doesn't think they are wrong. You can type/talk to this person until your fingers turn blue from how much you've typed but nothing is going to change. Even if Father Peter or HH himself spoke to him it won't matter.

• Talk about no hope. Jeez. How long did St. Monica cry over her son? 40 years?

No one in this world wants to be corrected, but through the Grace of God, (some) are. I have faith because he's a Copt, one of us. If he was American, I wouldn't have bothered.

Please be positive jydeacon.

• JY,

You are purely correct.  I think TITL was looking to open a small dialogue or at least pierce with some words that may crack through this terrible sinful curse in his life.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123746#msg123746 date=1291690348]
    Talk about no hope. Jeez. How long did St. Monica cry over her son? 40 years?

No one in this world wants to be corrected, but through the Grace of God, (some) are. I have faith because he's a Copt, one of us. If he was American, I wouldn't have bothered.

than go PRAY? what else is better than that to do for this soul
  • You know what? I'll do it myself. I think servant33 was interested too, he/she can join me if he/she would like, but other than that, you guys aren't invited to join the "converting the gay copt" party we're having. It's gonna be alota fun.

Meanies.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123746#msg123746 date=1291690348]
    Talk about no hope. Jeez. How long did St. Monica cry over her son? 40 years?

Hope is for heaven and salvation, not correcting the sins of others, especially if they believe they are right or that they are doing nothing wrong. What upsets me even more is that you are doing this simply because he is coptic. So what if he is coptic? Coptic only refers to nationality or origin of which the church hails from. That doesn't make him any more special than an American. I'm not saying he can't be changed, I'm saying nothing will help him if HE doesn't want help. If a person is sick but doesn't want to see a doctor will they ever get better? No they won't. Its that simple
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123749#msg123749 date=1291690788]
    You know what? I'll do it myself. I think servant33 was interested too, he/she can join me if he/she would like, but other than that, you guys aren't invited to join the "converting the gay copt" party we're having. It's gonna be alota fun.

Meanies.

you should go study instead....i am sure you have exams