Entrance of the Lord in the Temple (Doxology)

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has an audio recording of the doxology for the Entrance of the Lord in the Temple?
It will be celebrated on Dec. 12 (Kiahk 3). What tune would it be sung in? (Annual VS. Kiahk)
The doxology is in the link http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/2206.
Hope to get an answer soon,
God bless and pray for me,

Cyril

Comments

• Hi,

I'm not aware of any recordings for this feast.

However, I just wanted to mention that the feast day is actually February 15th (Amshir 8 ). December 12th (Kiahk 3) is the celebration of the entrance of the Virgin to the Temple.

God bless,
    Andrew
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10061.msg122897#msg122897 date=1290977469]
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has an audio recording of the doxology for the Entrance of the Lord in the Temple?
    It will be celebrated on Dec. 12 (Kiahk 3). What tune would it be sung in? (Annual VS. Kiahk)
    The doxology is in the link http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/2206.
    Hope to get an answer soon,
    God bless and pray for me,

Cyril

the rite would "festive" in all the hymns....the advent is a fast. A feast of the Lord breaks the rite (tunes) of a fast (the advent) but not break the fast itself.
  • Sorry I think I got the two mixed up...
    Is there anything special said for this occasion?
    If so, what tune would it be said in?
    Is there any recordings?
    God bless,
    Cyril
  • As minigir posted:

[quote author=minagir link=topic=10061.msg122901#msg122901 date=1290992335]
    A feast of the Lord breaks the rite (tunes) of a fast (the advent) but not break the fast itself.

Logically, since this is not a Lordly feast, nothing changes; the rites, hymns and tunes remain as any other day in Kiahk.

God bless,
    Andrew
  • [quote author=andrewtanios link=topic=10061.msg122904#msg122904 date=1290995730]
    As minigir posted:

[quote author=minagir link=topic=10061.msg122901#msg122901 date=1290992335]
    A feast of the Lord breaks the rite (tunes) of a fast (the advent) but not break the fast itself.

Logically, since this is not a Lordly feast, nothing changes; the rites, hymns and tunes remain as any other day in Kiahk.

huh?!
    Entrance of the Lord in the Temple IS a minor feast of the Lord. It does break the rite of the fast.

[quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10061.msg122902#msg122902 date=1290994586]
    Is there anything special said for this occasion?
    there psalies to say in vespers and midnight praises
    there are verses of cymbals
    there is a psalm response, a gospel response, maybe adam/watos aspasmoses, psalm 150 response and an "amen alleluia" response.
    there is probably a special hymn...but can't rmember which (either ti-galili-a or nikhora)

If so, what tune would it be said in?

festive except if it's a special hymn that have its own way.

Is there any recordings?

hmm....well yeah....i just can't get to any rit now.
  • Minagir,

I think, although, he was not explicit, andrew was talking about the Virgin and not the Lord.
  • Yes, lol, thank you ilovesaintmark.

Apologies to everyone for my implicitness.
  • OH.....sorry. i wan just thinking of the title of the post.
  • Isn't there a doxology and psali for the entrance of the VIRGIN in the temple?
    Can someone post it or put a link for it on this thread?
    Thanks,
    God bless your efforts,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10061.msg122951#msg122951 date=1291062820]
    Isn't there a doxology and psali for the entrance of the VIRGIN in the temple?
    Can someone post it or put a link for it on this thread?

hehe.....i think there exists one that is in the "annual psalies book"....but that is just not available right now.....ACTUALLY MOST PPL DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT BOOK.
  • Our church commemorates St. Mary's entrance into the temple?? You sure?
  • Of course.

Here it is in the Synaxarium. We commemorated it last Sunday in the British Orthodox Church.

http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/synex.php?id=93

Father Peter
  • I knew it was in the Synaxarium. I didn't know there were doxologies and psalis for it.
  • I would be surprised if there were not, as it is a feast of the Theotokos.

Can someone post the texts here in English?

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10061.msg122959#msg122959 date=1291064510]
    I would be surprised if there were not, as it is a feast of the Theotokos.

Can someone post the texts here in English?

Father Peter

There is NO special doxology for that since we say the Saint Mary doxologies and general responses in annual days....actually, even on feasts we still say the saint Mary doxology after the feasts.
    As for the psalies i was talking about, they are special; the "Annual Psalies" book is a special book (2 parts) that have psalies (of vespers and midnight praise) for every day of the coptic year (or atleast almost every day).....that's why that book is rarely used and even obtained. These psalies are mostly chanted in the monasteries in egypt for sure.

[quote author=TITL link=topic=10061.msg122954#msg122954 date=1291063814]
    Our church commemorates St. Mary's entrance into the temple?? You sure?

it's one of her 7 feasts in the coptic calendar:
    - The annunciation of her birth
    - her birth
    - entrance to the temple
    - her death
    - the assumption of her body
    - the first church named after her (in Philippi i think)
    - 21 of every coptic month.
  • There may have been a doxology one day and forgotten about. But in the euchologion book of nahdet el kana2es there is a specific hymn at the end of the book
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10061.msg122964#msg122964 date=1291067355]
    There may have been a doxology one day and forgotten about. But in the euchologion book of nahdet el kana2es there is a specific hymn at the end of the book

there is what is called "Adam Doxologies" which are constructed on the adam tune of madaieh (Ep-ouro tamgeed tune). many of those were forgotten (outside the monasteries atleast) but were brought back into Albair's Tamgeed book. he have many of the Adam Doxologies of the saints including many of Saint Mary... but they maybe only said in the tamgeed and not in the normal time of the doxologies during Vespers and Matins...which are considered "watos doxologies" hence the reason their tune changes according to the season.
  • Very useful piece of information. Thanks Mina