Availability of iALHAN for iPhone / iPod / iPad

edited September 2010 in Hymns Discussion
It gives me great pleasure to introduce iAlhan app, available on the app store itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ialhan/id388835595?mt=8
This application allows streaming, downloading of various hymns with Coptic and English lyrics and is now available on the app store.

In Christ,

Arsani

Comments

• woo hoo! thanks!!  ;D
  • When is it going to be available for the iPad?
  • I know but when I looked it up in the App Store, it said that it was only for ipod/iphone.
  • Wow it's awesome! Good job :D

I noticed that you can highlight the Coptic text - I tried to copy/paste it but it ended up just as English letters in any other app. I was just wondering, since you figured out how to put Coptic text on the iPhone, is an app that lets you type in Coptic possible? If you could, that would open up some big opportunities for language revival.

God bless :)
  • Completely agree with ebshois_nai_nan... but my pestering question would be: would any of those apps work with android phone, like HTC? Please let me know as soon as possible. I hope you give me the desired answer (having an HTC desire phone :-))
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • To answer some of the posed questions

The application should work on the iPad, although it was not designed for it like any other iPhone/iPod application.

As for typing in Coptic, that could be done but within an app that has the font embedded (like iAlhan), but to share the text, apple will need to add the coptic as an alternative language under internationalization settings.

In terms of android support, I am looking into that.

Pray for me
  • Dear Arsani thank you very much
    [coptic]Pamenrit Arcani ]sephmot ntotk emasw
    Oujai qen P[C[/coptic]
  • Thanks a lot... God Bless all your efforts... is there a section for normal annual Alhan or psalmody?
  • Not at the moment, but this could be added easily, just takes a whole lot of time recording :-)
    Once it's recorded it could get added and you should get the updates automatically once you start the app without the need for an upgrade.
    God willing we are thinking to start with adding psalm, psalm response, as well as psalm 150 for Advent, after which we need to add Resurrection and Pentecost.
    The next step is annual hymns, then we will take Tasbeha one section at a time starting with Sat and Sun.

Please pray for me
  • Arsani, I just sent you a question via PM. Thanks.
  • Arsani, small question...do you want all people to download this file?
  • i don't think so, because it costs 1.99
  • My whole church just switched from iphones to androids :(

• lol .. how is that bad ..
  • No Alhan apps on android :(
  • oh .... i did not even know it was for ipods/phones/pads lol we are expanding lol ..
  • iAlhan 2.0 version is available on the appstore. The new version includes the following:
    + iPad 3.2 support
    + Landscape/Portrait support
    + Multitasking, can now listen to hymn with application closed
    + Notification of content update
    + Image indicator to show downloaded hymn on Events page
    + Dual language display on iPad
  • I don't know if you have connections with the makers of iCoptic but if you do, you need to seriously tell them that their update was horrible. And that it's not worth $9.99, the old version was so much better. Thanks in advance. Also, sorry about the off-topic comment, and btw Good job on ur update. May God bless.