TOM-BOYING

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Is it in anyway bad to be a tomboy??? I dont know but it seems to me that i am one since i really like wearin pants and really really dont like wearing dresses/skirts.  I also really dont like make up and i think that sometimes people who put it on make themselves look worse than b4 and that they looked better without it. I inside think that i would have been better to be a boy (but i wouldnt go to any lengths to change my gender coz i think that is just weird), i dont like doing girly things. soo yeh, so is being a tom boy bad. Any comments also appreciated and welcomed. thanks. cya. have a great day and feast of st George. bii 

Comments

• hi, don't worry you'll probably end up an engineer or a surgeon.
    ;)
    just remember to also be gentle and kind, and don't laugh at girls who are scared or spiders and love shopping, they can't help being that way!
    ;)
  • There is nothing wrong with being a "tomboy." But thinking from inside that you want to be a boy is not right. You don't have to be a boy to play sports or wear jeans. God made you a girl for a reason, don't suppress that part of yourself.

God Bless.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=9988.msg122103#msg122103 date=1289604237]
    But thinking from inside that you want to be a boy is not right.

Why isn't that right?
  • Its not that i want to be a boy, but more like it would have been better to be a guy coz my parents are really over protective and i bet u that if i were a guy it would be less protective. LIke they are sooooo super worried its not funny. thats y i would prefer to b a guy but for a bunch of other reasons i prefer being a girl. but also i always do think that GOd made me a girl for a reason but i dont really know y. sooo yeh well cya
  • Overprotective parents are nothing to be ashamed of. It's a blessing.
  • Overprotective parents are nothing to be ashamed of. It's a blessing.

Oh.....really? Why is that?

• It is a blessing to grow up with strict rules and discipline in the house.
    Orthodoxy is a strict religion. A strict faith without a strict house do not compromise.

The reason they say no to most everything you suggest is because they love you to an incredible amount, not because the word "no" is fun to say.
  • I just want to say, it's not a bad thing at all.
    I used to be like you when I was your age... you don't have to do what everyone else does just be yourself and dowatchalike. I didn't like wearing skirts and dresses and the like.. I wear jeans and just what I'm comfortable with.. but now I do wear dresses only when the time calls for it.. I actually like wearing dresses and I love heels when I wear em.. which is like no more than 10 days in a year (Church feasts, and weddings or birthdays). I don't know any of my friends who don't wear make up.. but I never wear make up.. If I do, it'd be more like 2-3 days in year where I'd have no choice.. I don't think I need it and it doesn't look good on me anyways so I'm good (thank God lol). As long as your comfortable and respectable.
    Your in year 9 right? I definitely know what your going thru... it's the stage where girls start to wear make up lol.
    But.. you can only do this to a certain degree.. You have to make sure your NOT careless about the way you look.. it's still important to look good.
    And don't worry you'll probably phase out of it in good time... Like some of my friends who never liked skirts and dresses, but now it's all they wear.
    Hope I helped.
  • ummm thanks Mikail, but the think is i also have to wear dresses/ skirt on every sunday (i am forced to, im only allowed to wear pants on not soo strict church thing like the friday night meeting with the high schoolers and stuff like that). yeh i dont eva wear make up (i also think it makes me uglier) i dont really wear earings and stuff like that. yeh oh yeh and i am in yr 9. ummmyeh soo cya. thanks everyone. Happy St George Feast. woooh cya
  • By saying that you are forced to wear skirts to church every sunday do you mean that's what's expected from your parents? This is a good thing trust me!! You learn how much it's important to have clothes reserved for church and clothes for other occasions and how important it is to wear your best to church.
    You know you remind me so much of myself, how I used to be... I never wore earrings too.. but now I just wear simple ones.
    Trust me, I wore skirts EVERY sunday without fail only until recently I sometimes wear jeans usually because I do stuff after church.. But when I start to serve Sunday school, I'm gonna make sure I wear nice/skirts etc because I know so well that kids tend to copy what their servants are wearing.
    All in good time, your gonna change without knowing it lol
  • Response to TITL: Because if deep down your desire is to be something opposite to your nature then you do not have complete trust that God has done what is best for you. I did not think I would even have to explain the reason behind this. It should be intuitive that if one is a boy and wants to be a girl or vice versa, something is wrong. God has not created us haphazardly. But it seems "I belong to Jesus" has a different situation where she wants to be a boy because of certain freedoms that come with it (at least that applies to Egyptian parenting). It is true parents are more protective of their daughters but it is out of love.
  • also they are overprotective coz i am an only child. yeh thanks all. btw my parents kinda make me wear the dresses/skirts but i still dont see y i cant wear good pants. sooo yeh good points everyone. cya
  • [quote author=I belong to Jesus link=topic=9988.msg122109#msg122109 date=1289609208]
    Its not that i want to be a boy, but more like it would have been better to be a guy coz my parents are really over protective and i bet u that if i were a guy it would be less protective. LIke they are sooooo super worried its not funny. thats y i would prefer to b a guy but for a bunch of other reasons i prefer being a girl. but also i always do think that GOd made me a girl for a reason but i dont really know y. sooo yeh well cya

Yeah, my mom called the School, alerted the authorities (and my dad), and she was probably on the Phone with the Army Air Force, and Navy, when I called her during a Biology Test I was finishing up after school. She's that worried about me, and that's why I'm getting a Cell-Phone. Lol, and I'm a boy.
    Girls wearing pants is not a problem at all, your parents just want to make you look fancy I think lol.

• hahaha, wow. well either way i dont like dresses and skirts and i look bad in them. well anyway. cya