Church crisis.

I don't know if many of you have the ABN television network, but as I type this they are playing a message threatening the church saying if they do not bring out these two women who are married to priest they will attack the church. It's on tv now the satellite television. Can some one confirm this?

Comments

• I just saw the same story on an arabic channel!
  • I read in another article that the terrorists who assaulted that Catholic Church from John_S200's link demanded the same thing yesterday - do you mean the channel was playing yesterday's message? Or have they issued another one?
  • I read the Arabic text that allegedly was written by 'The Islamic Iraqi State' which is a group linked to Al Qaeda, who claim the recent massacre in the Syrian Catholic Church in Baghdad.

It states that we are kaffara (infidels) and that if the women who have converted to Islam (according to them) are not freed, we (the Chruch of Egypt) will suffer the consequences...

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"
  • [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=9943.msg121661#msg121661 date=1288688326]
    I read the Arabic text that allegedly was written by 'The Islamic Iraqi State' which is a group linked to Al Qaeda, who claim the recent massacre in the Syrian Catholic Church in Baghdad.

It states that we are kaffara (infidels) and that if the women who have converted to Islam (according to them) are not freed, we (the Chruch of Egypt) will suffer the consequences...

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"

Yes, apparently, we have 48 hours to release them or we will suffer the consequences.

I created another thread just on the fact that there its Al Qaida vs the Coptic Orthodox Church. I really hope you can pray for this.

This issue has been worrying me all weekend.
  • So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:16)
  • [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=9943.msg121663#msg121663 date=1288688791]
    So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:16)

Thanks.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9943.msg121662#msg121662 date=1288688525]
    [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=9943.msg121661#msg121661 date=1288688326]
    I read the Arabic text that allegedly was written by 'The Islamic Iraqi State' which is a group linked to Al Qaeda, who claim the recent massacre in the Syrian Catholic Church in Baghdad.

Yes, apparently, we have 48 hours to release them or we will suffer the consequences.

I created another thread just on the fact that there its Al Qaida vs the Coptic Orthodox Church. I really hope you can pray for this.

Oh dear - prayers are urgently needed it seems. Hopefully their threats are just words, but after yesterday who knows.

Thanks for the comforting verse Truthsetsfree :)
  • [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=9943.msg121665#msg121665 date=1288689124]
    [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9943.msg121662#msg121662 date=1288688525]
    [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=9943.msg121661#msg121661 date=1288688326]

Oh dear - prayers are urgently needed it seems. Hopefully their threats are just words, but after yesterday who knows.

Thanks for the comforting verse Truthsetsfree :)

What they've done, Epchoise, is ask every single "zealous" muslim to go into every Church in Egypt (today) and put a bomb in there.

They're asking them to make home made bombs even.

What bothers me is if there is an attack, the lies surrounding the reasons for it will overshadow the evilness that caused it. I would prefer that the sheer evilness in islam is exposed. That people's eyes are opened to what their religion is all about.

We have no weapons in Churches! And we don't have compulsion in Christianity !!!

This is still a very sad and very worrying situation.

What about answering these idiots at Islamic Awakening??? What do you think?
  • Yeah I read the thread - it made me sick. The amount of misinformation out there is ridiculous - what really sickens and worries me is how casually they talk about the attacks ... they don't seem to realise that the murder of innocent people is a bad thing. But I don't think there's any point in trying to convince them otherwise -  you can't use logic with fanatics because they didn't arrive at their position through logic. It'd be like speaking in a different language.

I think the best thing we can do is pray for them, and for our brothers and sisters in Egypt. God is always watching - all will be well in the end, even if it takes a while. My favourite verse seems particularly relevant now.

"In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Btw, to whoever is interested, my church priest recently published a blog post about this issue, I found it very inspirational:
    http://www.frantonios.org.au/2010/10/25/292/

God bless
  • God is with us, who can be against us? We will not be overcome, if we must die, then we must welcome it. Martyrdom is a blessing from God. Be thankful for Islam, it has kept this church strong.
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=9943.msg121653#msg121653 date=1288654637]
    Is it related to this news?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11668634

GBU

It doesn't have anything to do with that but yes I have heard about it. So many things are happening right now I really don't know if many of you know what is happening. Last night at like 9 or 8 a picture of Saint Mary started to weep holy oil. But before that was the al queda threat to our church. And then yet attack Iraqi catholic churches or something like that. I also heard that they are planning to attack coptic churches in the states too? Is that true????
  • Deaconmark,

The news i've been reading is that Al Qaeda have been asking all "zealous" muslims (i.e. those that love to please allah) to attack our churches until we release the wives of the priests.

Obviously we're not holding anyone captive, and obviously they haven't converted to islam.

So, we're all sitting ducks.

America, UK, Belgium, and Sweden are still adamant that Islam is not the problem, despite countless of attacks from American Muslims on their own soil, and yet European & American Muslims keep on going around telling everyone: "This isn't what Islam is all about!".

Its great. They've got a winning team. On the one side the west are in denial of the problem, and the muslims are gradually, but surely destroying our Church, margenlizing our faith in Egypt, and slowly implementing sharia courts left, right and center all over Europe.

• Last night at like 9 or 8 a picture of Saint Mary started to weep holy oil.

deaconmark123
    Do you have the link? Thanks.

GBU
  • i suggest we fast tomorrow.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=9943.msg121694#msg121694 date=1288730456]
    i suggest we fast tomorrow.

It's Wednesday, so your gonna have to fast anyway!

And to fast for this particular situation it'd have to be a call from the Holy Synod or the church or whatever, you can't just call a fast for such a massive situation.. you'd need a massive amount of people to fast TOGETHER for it to work "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20
    GBU

PS. mannnnn, it's been years since I last posted here
  • So it needs two of us to agree?
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9943.msg121700#msg121700 date=1288743536]
    So it needs two of us to agree?

Possibly. I just think it's more proper when it's called by someone above us like a priest etc. But if you want to fast on your own or with a friend for this situation, then go ahead. Christian Unity is the way to go.
  • [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=9943.msg121679#msg121679 date=1288712399]
    [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=9943.msg121653#msg121653 date=1288654637]
    Is it related to this news?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11668634

GBU

It doesn't have anything to do with that but yes I have heard about it. So many things are happening right now I really don't know if many of you know what is happening. Last night at like 9 or 8 a picture of Saint Mary started to weep holy oil. But before that was the al queda threat to our church. And then yet attack Iraqi catholic churches or something like that. I also heard that they are planning to attack coptic churches in the states too? Is that true????

I hope this answers your question:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/11/03/iraq.christians.threat/?hpt=T2

we're all targets.