What should i do i fell in love????

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i fell in love witha muslim girl i love her very much and she loves me very very much i dont know what to do please some one help me.

Comments

• Kill the relationship. Period
  • if u ask me; this is a difficult situation, one of the two has to convert, becaus its impossible to live as a christian/muslim mixed couple. Obviously, in this case she will have to convert. Even if she wants to, there is a big chance problems will occur with her family. If i were u, i would go talk to ur FOC about this, he's probably the best person to talk to about this, and pray that God will either make this work, or let these feelings go away...
  • my friend, pray with all ur heart, then wen ur done, pray sum more.
  • So you really love her? Well, I think you've taken a brilliant first step and high five to you. :D What I mean is, ask around, like you're doing now. Ask your parents and abouna, and your friends, bishops, school people, sunday school servants. Ask people with different view points, don't ask only people that you know will answer, "Sure, as long as she converts." What you want to hear may not always be what's best for you. If people disagree with the marraige, take this into consideration very, very much. "Why do they disagree? In what ways will it affect both of our futures? How will it affect the futures of my family and her family? My friends and her friends?" Don't be blinded by love. But in my opinion, if you feel that you really love her, and that you were meant to be together, then if she converts and you see no major issues or major flaws in her personality, with the consent of abouna, do whatever you deem correct.
  • I think the best thing you can do is really pray and think out every possible consequence that is imaginable, try to think of all the negative/positive things that are present in this relationship but to be honest i think that if there is really love between u 2 then the girl will convert, if u 2 r so deeply in love try to bring up God u kno? talk to her about him, about his life and miracles and help her understand our religion because if she does convert it shouldnt be because of u, it should be out of her love for Christ. But like Hos Erof said...FOC is the best way to go, and prayer...prayer can do soooo much more beyond our imagination, so pray and pray with all ur heart, and i wish u 2 the best of luck! ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Sometimes God brings certain people in your life for a reason. I was Muslim (am going to convert to be Coptic within the month God Willing) many years ago, a Coptic Christian and I fell in love. Everyone told him to end it with me, his parents strongly objected, it was really hard on both of us because we truly loved eachother...He never put any pressure on me to convert, but told me that it would be impossible for us to get married unless I was baptized in the church At first this really turned me off because my family was never really religious. I had a really difficult time with it for a long time, but I had faith, I prayed, prayed, and kept praying, and one day it paid off. I now feel so blessed to have fallen in love with a Copt because he has brought me close to God and His amazing grace. There were difficult bumps along the way, however I knew I was doing God's will. If your relationship is according to God's will, then it will work in the end, despite the many obstacles you may encounter. Just have Fatih, Pray and may the Lord be with you always...
  • wow liberated thats amazing, see through the strength of prayer all was made well,
    the holy books tells us through prayer and fasting, we can do all things, even move mountains.
    God Bless you liberated and strengthen u on ur path to christianity, and may the holy spirit dwell with in you alwaz,
    u have my prayers.
    GJI
  • Its a matter of who love more...God or the Girl, or you can both tolerate eachothers beliefs and live a much better life even though that would contradict both books i would think.
  • with all due respect AEK, thats practicacllyl impossible, too many differences; will u take ur children to church or the Mosque? or both?? Will their Lord be Christ or Mohammed??
  • Mickey,

Please take all of our opinions very serious. This is a huge matter and my parents have always taught me that when it comes to your future you must be very selfish and what I mean by that is you have the control to determine your destiny. If the pros dont outweight the cons which in this situation it does not seem to than you must pray to God for him to find the right one for you just as he created Eve for Adam he will find one for you.

God Bless

C
  • thanks all for the advice Liberated can you plzzz email me and help me more.... plzzzz

• [quote author=Cookie link=board=1;threadid=651;start=0#msg12064 date=1096062869]
    Hey Mickey

Listen I too am in love with someone, and i know it is very hard to let them go. For example, he went to Egypt to study medicine, and I might not get to see him for 6 years, but i know that although i love him, it just wont work. And although i've tried to convinve myself that wen he returns everything will be alright, but i realized that life doesn't work that way. And you should try to forget about her and move on, not because it's wrong to love her, but because you are 2 different people with 2 different futures, and ur lives can never meet. So love her in your heart, but forget about her and don't pursue this love, time heals things, and if it's meant to be it's meant to be

"Love is Patient" 1 Corinthians 13:1

Cookie
  • hey i just want to tell you if CHRIST isnt in the middle of the relationship it wont work.....why would you want to get involved with someone that brings away from god....but the worst part is what ever i might say or whatever sum1 else might not change your mind.......i just hope that you didnt ask that question to find sum1 that tells you that it is alright....and im not one to tell you it isnt...but noe that God will be with you and if you truly believe in him he will turn your negative into positive....it sounds korny but its true..

thanks Hos_Erof for that sermon....lol....its realli great ;D ::) :D ;)
  • lolx...Hos Erof...shes obsessed with this sermon!!! She wont stop talking about it!!! thanx ::), lolx, jk....sorry guys baq 2 topic, MERYAM is a dork, ignore her, lolx

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • im not obessed im appreciative.....it really helped me and sylvia is a geek....lol....shes jealous cuz im taller than her....lol :) ::)
  • Mickeyy231

I sent you an e-mail, let me know if you got it, I'd love you help you in anyway that I can...If you did not get it, e-mail me
    [email protected]

Keep praying and God bless...
  • Actually i believe its better for the child to have a parent thats different from the other as it would give an insight to the childs mind in which religion he thinks his right....and if you can understand both religions, you can obviously understand the world better......Taking your son to church or mosque shouldn't be regarded as one of the most fundamental issues in religion for a little kid..Respect, courtesy, loyalty and honesty should be....
  • Hi aek,

This is not negotiable for Chrisitans because one of the things Christ came to restore was the position of marriage.

Christ in contending with the Pharisees said what God has joined, let no man seperate! The unity in Christianity is a union that is founded in the Spirit of God in a sacrement which is founded in Christ. The very basis for marriage in Chrsitianity is as a result founded in the redemptive work in Christ.

After the fall Adam and Eve covered themselves and lost the ability to be naked and unashamed with eachother and it is through a sacramental marriage that the Holy Spirit works to unify, bless and sactify the couple, it is this sacred status that Christ restored marriage to. This union is sadly not possible with an unbeliever.

Also marriage is seen as a service to God where a couple serve God by raising children for Him, to do this with an unbeliever would be quite unthinkable for us. I hope you can appriciate that.

God bless you,

CS
  • lol, yeah; ur welcome, i;m glad i found the sermon in the first place; its really a good sermon :D
  • Its a very valid point you brought up and i certaintly wouldn't be able to rebute it however, times have changed and many of the things the bible has said cannot be employed in today's society...everyone has broken the 10 commandments and no-one makes a fuss of that, so whats the fuss about this marriage concept...in religion these days it has to be taken with moderation or things we say at the moment happen. In brief, what im trying to say is that a Christian should be nice to people, show love and all those other cliches..if you do all that and marry a women or man from a different faith, you are not a bad man by all means.
  • it's def not as simple as u put it, even though we are thaught to love everybody, note what the disciple, who wrote most about Love, i.e. St John said in his second epistle:

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

times have changed and many of the things the bible has said cannot be employed in today's society...

This is def not true:

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:31 - Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33 - Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

It's repeated three times, the words of the Bible will never change, and will never be "oldfashion", just like Our God who was, is and will be the same forever...

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
  • Do you love her for all the right reasons? Is she maybe trying to trick you as muslim boys do to christian girls? I've never been in a situation like this, and I won't pretend that I have been, but can you see a future in this? May God be with you. Talk to everyone. Get as much advice as you need, but in the end, follow your gut because you'll never be happy with the situation unless you've made up your mind. Just remember to put God in front of you, he loves you and won't do anything to harm you, and he'll always give you the answer.

sleepy
  • First of all ,you must take rest , and think about anything else you love. think about your future life and
    and the kids and your relatives as well as her relatives.
    think about her religeon and the difficuities you meet in
    if she be at your religeon. Don't be hurry to make a
    conclusion. you need the advice of abouna, and try to full your time in useful things at the church, or to your family. God be with you to make the right decession

• hey Wasim:
    your question are a little weard but i'll answer any way
    why i love her i dont know? why i think i love her ? i think i lover her because i never cared about any one like i care about her, i never seen some one that love me as much as her, and i always wish that i am next to her. alot of other things hope u get the point. thanks for trying to help