Halloween - H.G. Bishop Youssef

2»

Comments

• Im shocked to hear this. I didnt know Christians celebrate Ramadan in Egypt.

But then, what can you do, muslims in Europe also celebrate Christmas - so, it sort of balances out

Well Muslims believe in the Birth of Jesus (Christmas) on the other hand we as Christians done believe in the revelations to Muhammad (Ramadan)
  • [quote author=Pharaoh714 link=topic=9878.msg121082#msg121082 date=1287612294]

Im shocked to hear this. I didnt know Christians celebrate Ramadan in Egypt.

But then, what can you do, muslims in Europe also celebrate Christmas - so, it sort of balances out

Well Muslims believe in the Birth of Jesus (Christmas) on the other hand we as Christians done believe in the revelations to Muhammad (Ramadan)

Well, I didnt know that they actually buy firecrackers and join in.. i just thought they (the copts) go around wishing their muslim neighbours and friends a happy eid.

So, if we don't believe in the revelations in Muhammad, why do we celebrate them? The answer: because of fear to offend - perhaps to show that we are "open minded".

Its a good question though