Recent Convert

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello all,
I am on my way to converting to the COptic Church within the month God willing...I feel so blessed and love the kindness of the church, however I find it difficult sometimes following the liturgy as I dont know Coptic very well (and am not Egyptian) I attend Liturgy regularly, however I find it difficult to learn the hymns..Do any of you have any suggestions on the best way to learn the hyms? I truly appreciate any feedback

Comments

• God Bless you liberated and strengthen u on ur path to christianity, and may the holy spirit dwell with in you alwaz,
    u have my prayers.
    to learn hymns, the best way is do wat ur already doing, which is attending, other than that just listining to them continually.
    the best way is also to find someone to teach u about the litergy, there are also many good books by our pope explaining them.
    God bless u my new Brother/sister in Christ
    GJI
  • trust me bro, if you put your heart on something and love god, those hymns will be as easy as remembering your own name :P
  • very wise words aek.
    i heard of a story of a blessed man who loved the tasbeha sooooooo much that he wanted to learn it all, but he couldnt read or write, so he prayed and he prayed with all his heart, and he learnt the how tasbeha of by heart.
  • I have a hard time with arabic whether it be speaking or understanding it even tho I'm egyptian so dont feel left out, lolx....i think the best way to learn hyms (4 me) was/is to just listen to them over and over and over, kinda memorize/imitate what they're saying. My FOC told me the best thing is not to try to figure out what anything means right away, he said to just listen and memorize it, until u know it by heart and then understand the meaning of what ur saying. And by attending the liturgy, like ur doing, is the best way to go...and i just wanted to welcome u to the Coptic faith, may God bless u, and always lead u in the right path.... ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • honestly i probably know less than you because i cant speak arabic ......but i try to sing it over and over.....like sylvia said....and i enjoy coptic its such a beautiful lanuage.....i only wish i new more myself 2 ....may god be with us all and fill our minds with some ability to learn faster....lol...it just might take me longer than everyone else....lol.. ::) ;D :D
  • Thank you all for th great advice. I feel so blessed to be part of the Coptic Church and part of its people because you all are wonderful people with such open hearts. I cant stress enough how great and helpful everyone has been, I wish everyone could see and expereince the COptic Church and its people...It really is a blessing.

May God be with you all
  • Hi Liberated,

Romans 6
    17But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Congratulations, I pray for God's blessings,

Learning hymns is easy, all you need to do is 1. Attend, however if you want to memorize some more I would suggest Hymn Classes and listening to Hymns from the Computer,

God Bless You.

Mike
  • Oh sorry I forget to tell you that I have found a site where I downloaded some documents, kind of a course teaching Coptic, if you want it I'd be more than happy to send it to you..

God Bless You.

Mike