Where is Satan?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is he in hell?

Comments

• he is every where!!!! lol but i think he is not in the hell yet
  • I'm pretty sure that he is not in Hell. But he is definitely not everywhere. There are demons in many places, but just like saints and angels, they can only be in one place at the same time. Only God can exist in more than one place at a time. Satan specifically (as a being) goes off tempting the most elect people because they are the hardest to make fall in sin. The other legions of demons, which sadly cannot be counted, are in charge of the rest of mankind, to try and make fall into sin. That's always been my understanding.
  • Satan is not in hell yet. He roams the earth, evidence of this is in the book of job when he is having a conversation with God.
  • I didn't mean that he is everywhere at the same time but he can go and be any where.
  • We think that Satan himself is bound in hell.....you can understand that through a study into the book of Zechariah the prophet.......all the evil that we are living in now is just his evil spirit and intentions done through his demons.

[quote author=geomike link=topic=9788.msg119947#msg119947 date=1285739966]
    Satan is not in hell yet. He roams the earth, evidence of this is in the book of job when he is having a conversation with God.

that was in the old testament ..... before the Economy of Salvation was perfected.
  • On the Oprah Winfrey Show.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9788.msg119977#msg119977 date=1285788811]
    On the Oprah Winfrey Show.

You seem to always have a joke about Oprah to throw in there...and it makes me laugh every single time.
  • It's not a joke.  She has slowly allowed for infiltration of discouraging and depraved ideas as being acceptable.

That is how the devil works.

The devil's number one mission is not to disspell the presence of God, but to forget his [Satan's] presence.  So it becomes easy to say that it is acceptable.

SHE is SATAN as far as I am concerned.
  • According to scripture hell is not in existence yet, but in one of Peter's epistles there are angels bound, which is another story. Heaven exists, but nobody has entered it yet. Hell does not exist. Satan is here now working all his unrighteousness and deceiving everyone.

When we die we enter into hades, not hell, but a place for the dead which is separated by a schism. One side are the unrighteous who await their punishment, they mourn and wail at their impending doom. On the other is the righteous, who rejoice at their coming judgment. St. Hippolytus believes this to be an actual physical place under the earth, unless he is speaking figuratively. As we hear many people say, he is in heaven or he or she is in a better place, how do you know lol!? It seems ok to judge someone as long as its good and positive.

Needless to say his most unrighteousness is here lurking about each and every one of us. Stalking his prey. He does not own this, however he is running the show when it comes to worldly affairs, atleast for now. Soon he will reveal the lawless one, soon.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9788.msg119981#msg119981 date=1285789596]
    It's not a joke.  She has slowly allowed for infiltration of discouraging and depraved ideas as being acceptable.

Could you please give an example of that?
    not defending, just curious..
  • Godislove,

Oprah popularizes, defends, puts into acceptable different things.  She exploits good feelings to popularize her media empire and to slowly infiltrate immoral actions as being "alternative lifestyles".  She pads different ideas in order to take them from the immoral realm to being tolerant of others.

Examples:

She is shacked up with some guy 'Stedman'.  She will bring up his name over and over in a relationship format to make it seem like being shacked up is okay and normal.  She puts it in the regard as being normal and in storytelling as if she were in a married spousal relationship.

She employs the same technique for homosexuality, homosexual marriages, being taken onto government rolls, implicit immorality in sexuality, dressing provocatively, etc.

In the meantime, she will disguise the issue by doing gimmicky items like giving away car and trips.

The techniques employed are similar to what Satan does.  Shall I remind you of the temptation on the Mount of Our Lord.  Read that account and see how things will infiltrate under one guise and if you relent and submit, you will find yourself submitting to Satan himself.

I will also add, that she was a major portion of the election of Obama.  He, as far as I am concerned, is Satan's child.  He promotes the same agenda of immorality, laziness, and slothfulness, all of which are characteristics that Satan eventually nurtures to full submission to him.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9788.msg120130#msg120130 date=1286083297]
    According to scripture hell is not in existence yet, but in one of Peter's epistles there are angels bound, which is another story. Heaven exists, but nobody has entered it yet.

I'd love to read some of those Scripture verses.

Hell does not exist.

How so?!
  • What do you guys think of that verse Matthew 16:23 where Jesus is talking to Peter and addresses Satan.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9788.msg120136#msg120136 date=1286109024]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9788.msg120130#msg120130 date=1286083297]
    According to scripture hell is not in existence yet, but in one of Peter's epistles there are angels bound, which is another story. Heaven exists, but nobody has entered it yet.

I'd love to read some of those Scripture verses.

Hell does not exist.

How so?!

Hell does not exist because, or is atleast being prepared, for the unrighteous and satan and his angels. To assert that anyone goes to hell or heaven after death is incorrect. There is nowhere in scripture to support that belief. In the Gospel of the Apocalypse it reads clearly that upon the final judgment is when we enter our eternal homes, hell or heaven. So hell exists in the sense that it is atleast going to be a place or is being prepared. It does not exist in the sense that nobody goes there yet, and here is why.

It is senseless to go to heaven or hell when you die, scripturally speaking. That would mean that you are judged, then you would have to come back for the resurrection to be judged, not very sensical. As St. Hippolytus explains to us there is what could be called a "place of waiting" for all righteous and unrighteous. There is an expanse between the two and the torment for the unrighteous is their anticipation of their coming judgment, and for the righteous the opposite. We all wait their for the day of the resurrection where we will all be re-united with our bodies. THEN we are sent to heaven or hell, which at that time indeed exist.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9788.msg120143#msg120143 date=1286136499]
    Hell does not exist because, or is atleast being prepared, for the unrighteous and satan and his angels. To assert that anyone goes to hell or heaven after death is incorrect. There is nowhere in scripture to support that belief. In the Gospel of the Apocalypse it reads clearly that upon the final judgment is when we enter our eternal homes, hell or heaven. So hell exists in the sense that it is atleast going to be a place or is being prepared. It does not exist in the sense that nobody goes there yet, and here is why.

It is senseless to go to heaven or hell when you die, scripturally speaking. That would mean that you are judged, then you would have to come back for the resurrection to be judged, not very sensical. As St. Hippolytus explains to us there is what could be called a "place of waiting" for all righteous and unrighteous. There is an expanse between the two and the torment for the unrighteous is their anticipation of their coming judgment, and for the righteous the opposite. We all wait their for the day of the resurrection where we will all be re-united with our bodies. THEN we are sent to heaven or hell, which at that time indeed exist.

I never said anything about US going to heaven or, in what we are talking about, Hell. What i said, and what is of the Scripture, is that Satan HIMSELF and his angels are in Hell. They received their  judgment already that's why they are in the final place of life--their eternal dwelling.
  • 2 Pet 2:4 is not referring to satan and his angels, for they were not bound when cast from heaven. As I described before what is referred to as paradise and hades are the same place, according to St. Hippolytus of Rome, who is suspected to actually be an Egyptian. These are merely separated from one another, as evidence in the story of Lazarus and the rich man.

As for satan and his angels it is clear according to the Gospel of the Apocalypse that he was cast down with his angels and was not bound, but sought to do as much damage as possible because he "knew his time was short." If they were bound until judgment, then he and his angels would not be deceiving the nations now would they?

I think it would be advisable that we do not get drawn into a battle of semantics, people often times misunderstand the usage of the word "paradise" in describing the place of the righteous souls.
  • Well satan is the prince of this world, so i think its safe to assume that he dwells on earth.
  • [quote author=coptic boy777 link=topic=9788.msg120295#msg120295 date=1286434188]
    Well satan is the prince of this world, so i think its safe to assume that he dwells on earth.

More evidence that 2 Pet. 2:4 is not referring to satan and his angels.
  • I was also taught that he is roaming the earth deceiving people but he will be in hell on judgement day