I Have a Situation. Help please?

edited September 2010 in Personal Issues
A week ago I had this strange dream and I need to know what it is and what it means:

I was with my grandma( Teta is very close to God, she has seen many saints and she has a permanent place with God in heaven) and we have been going through the town. Three times the devil has tried to kill me. I forgot the first two but in the last one, I was about to cross the street, and I saw a car and it was going very slowly and it was far away coming close. I hesitated crossing the street, but the second I put my foot in the street, the car speed up so fast that I had to run with all of my might to get to Teta. I made it and did not know what happened. But, while I was crossing the street I sang the hymn "Trample O my Soul".

I will give you my theory on some things: 1) I sang trample o my soul because two days before the dream, I made a commitment that I will not let devil win over me. I will not fall and God will give me strength. 2) My Grandma was with me because she will lead me to the lord

Abouna Shenouda from New Jersey( I don't live in new jersey)  once told me about a dream I had and told me exactly what it meant. He was right. But I don't know if anyone has the same gift he has.

Can anyone help me....at all?

Comments

• I need help on this, there has been so far, over 60 veiws and not one person helped me on this. Please help.
    Thanks.
  • Dreams don't always or often have meaning. And we are usually taught not to pay attention to dreams.

I would imagine that you have things on your mind which spill over into your dreams. This is a natural consequence of stress and anxiety and not necessarily anything spiritual in itself. You would be better forgetting all dreams and dealing with the real issues that you know are obstacles to spiritual growth, sharing these with your spiritual father.

I would certainly not recommend that you ask folk you don't know on the internet questions like these because almost certainly even though meaning well folk here are not best placed to help you. This will usually always be your spiritual father.

God bless you

Father Peter
  • and maybe you just miss your grandmother and you were probably just thinking about her. And she is certainly in a better place right now, praying for you.
  • Is it Abouna Shenouda from Atlantic City?? I go to his church! If you want, I can message you his phone number for you to talk to him.
  • The Car > symbolizes Satan
    Your Grandma > Symbolizes Gods kingdom
    The Road > is the a path that you will chose in life, three of them actually in two you will be chased out and perhaps be defeated. The third path you chose will make you who you are..

The Hymn > Is what will awaken you to return to God in that time during your 3rd tribulation/ fight /path  you will truly find God in the End.

This is my interpretation.
  • WOW, that is such an amazing, and HOLY dream,  wow, i had something similar, my gideo, passed away, i was walking on the graasss not payin attention, then i heard an ambulance i was walking near the road starin at the ambulance driving, sirens, and about to get run over when all of asudden i heaard my gideo say Mary, and this was a true story, i wasnt dreaming it was reality, real whilst i was at a fruit shop
    Im very fascinated by your dream and these stories
  • Wow to Pharaoh's guess! Thanks. To Father Peter: You are right, I should contact my spirutal father and tell him all of this instead , I thought that mabey someone like Abouna Shonouda help me. And speaking of him, I am not sure where in New Jersey. I just know that he lives there. Thanks for your help. Oh! And my grandma is alive, but in egypt so it might be that I miss her, but not so much.
  • The one from my church is the only Abouna Shenouda that I know of that's from New Jersey
  • I often get weird dreams after eating Chinese food for dinner.  Don't worry about the dreams keep in mind the day and our obligations in it.  God made the day for us, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9755.msg119769#msg119769 date=1285288702]
    I often get weird dreams after eating Chinese food for dinner. 
    dang mongolians
  • LOL, I was led to this post, and was told to work my "Powers"... sorry for the late response lol but I study, and analyze dreams so I can try to give it a shot... but when it comes to dreams, there is a lot of analyzing that comes in the process... one needs to know what many inner feelings and thoughts represent, to be able to say what the dreams mean... so ocean to me, is summer, beach happy cheerful feeling... while to others, an ocean could mean sea creatures and sharks, and gloomy sinking ships... so you have to understand the person! so I'm just analyzing it from only what I read...

to you, you feel that pretty much the only way you can reach God is be like your grandma... and in your mind, you take so much pride in your grandma... that you feel that God will not look at you the way you want Him to, except if you are an exact replica of your grandma, so maybe for a while you had sometime you didn't talk to your grandma, or felt emotionally separated from her... and during that time you felt separation from God also, maybe even sinned more than the ordinary... and made wrong choices... when all that happened, your mind wanted you to be like your grandma again... and when you did, you fixed your relationship with God!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka
  • You are right in some things, Superman, but you are wrong in others. I do miss my grandma so much and I am wanting to be like her, but I wonder about why the devil has tried to kill me three times and what the road has to do with the car.
    You are right about having a separation from God and have sinned many times and wrong choices, but its that I am really wanting to go back to be the Lord's daughter, but I have not been able to.......when I try to do my best in anything I do, it comes out the opposite...
    An additional detail that I have not said is that when I crossed the street, I asked my grandma this: "I don't know why this is happening to me!" Then my grandma said something that I forgot and in my dream I felt this discomfort that I can actually feel in my body. It was the strangest thing.....but I do appreciate your interpretations, they have helped me alot.

Chinese food?.......I think not.
    Although, I do love it.