Order of Apenchois

Hello all! I have a question regarding when to say Apenchois, specifically the order. In the recordings I've heard on this site, it's always after Agios, ie. "eleyson-imac Apenchois..." However, at our church (and on the presentations from St. George that most of the churches use), we always say Apenchois before Agios. What's correct in this situation?

Comments

• I think Meghalo is said and that leads into the first verse of Agios. Instead of going to the second verse of Agios, you go to apenchois. Then after apenchois is done, you say the full Agios.
  • there is a mix up here.

If you look ate meghalo.....the hymn really have 3 parts:
    "[coptic]Megalou `ar,y`ereuc ictouc `e`wnac a,ranton `agioc `o :eoc[/coptic]" is the one that everyone knows cuz that's what every one says......but there are 2 more that i don't have their text in the moment. one ends in: [coptic]`agioc Ic,uroc[/coptic] and the 2nd in: [coptic]`agioc `A;anatoc[/coptic]. the 2nd a third one are only recorded by mTawfik....but no one says them....to the point that the info i am talking about are really hard to figure out. so who ever began to record the first part thought to just mix the 3 agioses together after the first part and go into apenshoice after.

so that 3 agioses that are said after meghalo (or just instead of meghallo to get into the mode of saying apenshoice) are part of the hymn rather than part of the Trisagion hymn which we still say after apenshoice.
  • Minagir,

That is also what I was taught, but you know that everyone wants to be a Muallim and make up their own stuff.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9740.msg119382#msg119382 date=1284579792]
    Minagir,

That is also what I was taught, but you know that everyone wants to be a Muallim and make up their own stuff.

well....it's not even about that......i think ego takes over many most of the time.....especially here in the states. ya3ny in egypt, people might keep a hard head concerning a hymn or a teaching becaue they received it that way from a ma'allim.....and i personally respect that and can never blame that person.......but here in the states, tell how many ma'allimin came here and lived and taught all those "great deacons" you see today?!

the bad thing is that this been in our CHURCH FOR A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME. why do you think we are sooooo dispersed when it comes to alhan.......ya habibi da even the english liturgy responses that are new in which we had the choice to unite, but we didn't. 
  • [quoteya habibi da even the english liturgy responses that are new in which we had the choice to unite, but we didn't.  ]

Very profound.  I agree.