MOSQUE!!!!!

2»

Comments

• [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=9616.msg118506#msg118506 date=1282520511]
    i don't need to go to egypt to know how they are...i listen to them spew their trash about christians online all the time...and the nice people are probably not religious because every religious muslim i have come in contact with follows exactly what the koran states and the koran clearly states that there is no tolerance for other religions.  and i was born in and lived in egypt until i was about 7 years old.  in first grade, i clearly remember a muslim boy tormenting me every day in class, trying to get me in trouble because he knew i was christian...i doubt people have changed much since i was there, if not gotten worse.  and my family has had many personal experiences (horrible ones) with muslims, i know enough about them.

yes you do need to go to egypt....the muslims online dont represent the majority of muslims....so what if a boy in FIRST GRADE tormented you, get over that, he probably regrets it anyways

i have several muslim friends in egypt, and ive discussed religion openly with them, they're not intolerant as you think
  • Point 1) If I say I am against communism, what that means is I am against an economic system that is totalitarian by nature. However, I can be misunderstood by some as a Russian basher.
    Moral Lesson: I can be against Islam without being against muslims. 

Point 2) Because ideologies are for the most part freely chosen by people they say more about the person than gender and race that we can do nothing about. If a person says he is a communist, without further explanation, I understand that he supports a totalitarian economic model. Now, that person can be the embodiment of chivalry - the nicest person ever, when it comes to economy models we don’t agree. 
    There are some ideologies that just won’t do. Take Nazi, slavery etc. Can you say there are many nice Nazis. Or there are many nice slave owners. Whenever nice is coupled with terms such as Nazi and slave owner it makes an oxymoron. 
    The fact a person is ‘nice’ and member of the above groups only show us that the person is good at compartmentalizing his life.

Moral Lesson: What does a ‘nice muslim‘ mean? 

Point 3) In a poll taken recently, majority of Americans (about 70%) are against building a mosque at ground zero. The same poll shows majority of Americans (about 70%) don’t question muslims have the legal right to build a mosque at ground zero. This makes it clear that the question is not about legal rights but morality and public relation. Before taking a stand we should answer the following question that we all hear on the media:
    Don’t we empathize with the families that lost their loved ones at 9/11
    What sort of message does the building send to terrorists? Does it encourage more attacks?
    Can we allow for muslims to use the constitution to topple the constitution? Can we allow them to use the loop holes in the law to work against the law? After all it is no secret that they want sharia law instead of democracy.

P.S. I know my post is not exactly a politically correct one. My apologies if I offend anyone. 

In Christ
    Theophilus
  • I am all for a Mosque at ground zero.....on one condition.....we get to have a Coptic Orthodox Church right next to the Kabah in Mecca. But in reality I am just as opposed to the building of a mosque anywhere in the world as I am building one at ground zero.
  • The Islamists build mosques above the Christians martyrs bodies centuries ago in Egypt,Palestine, Syria & Turkey nothing really new. :-\
  • What bothers me is this:

Western countries: Europe, America and even parts of Central America have a Christian majority population. Islam tends to spread by muslims marrying Christians. They don't seem to even care about whether the person believes in their prophet or God or whatever. All they care is that the person converting to Islam recognise himself as being muslim. That's it.

With Turkey close to becoming a member of the European Union, this will only increase the statistics.

This is quite unfair: Not because Islam is growing - that's none of my business. People are free to choose their religion. But its unfair because we have already been discriminated in Egypt by virtue of our faith. We leave to a country where we can practice our faith and we find that is on the way to becoming another Egypt.

I don't see Islam as being fair towards non muslims. I Just don't see that. I don't see muslims being respectful towards other faiths - unless they are muslim taxi drivers who would tell you their best friend is a coptic Christian , ONLY to get a big tip out of you.

I don't see any country that has lived under Islamic rule as being "successful" or prosperous. In Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood's motto is "Islam IS the SOLUTION".

So, Egypt IS muslim, and yet I still don't see it as prosperous. The gap between the poor and rich is awful. There is clear discrimination between muslims and non muslims at all levels of society.

The only country that seems to be doing well is Saudi Arabia, but i don't think its possible to even wear a cross there, so even there, there is discrimination.

Islam has an agenda: To make the world muslim.

Whilst all this is happening, western democracies are distancing themselves from their Christian pasts, and the Catholic Church is gradually being crippled financially and morally - which basically will render this Church as useless.

The most popular boys name in England, last year was: Mohammad.

That means there are more asians british people having kids than non asian (or white) british people. Which is true: Muslims benefit from family incentives - it encourages them to have bigger families. White English people don't tend to marry. Marriage is in severe decline amongst white British people, and divorce is at an all time high. But this is not the case amongst asian/muslim families.

So - why are you stopping them building a mosque for in downtown NY? Its not as if they have a religion of their own they care about to replace it with!!! is it???

• [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9616.msg118548#msg118548 date=1282630508]
    But in reality I am just as opposed to the building of a mosque anywhere in the world as I am building one at ground zero.

• Zoxsasi

I couldn't say it better. The problem is at every level, from family up.

In Christ
    Theophilus
  • but we cannot do anything. they cannot decline their right to build a religious center anywhere. ground zero or not. lets go back to WWII. when the japanese bombed pearl harbor, everyone saw every japanese person as an enemy and sent them to camps.

now after 9/11, everyone pretty much hates muslims as a whole even though the majority did nothing to upset anyone. do you think we will be unfair to them? no.... if the mosque is rejected...  i bet worse things are going to happen. they arent dumb people; they know how to get what they want.
  • can this flood in pakistan be a sign from God about this mosque??? Pakistan is 97% muslim...
  • No. I am sure that God is not particularly bothered about this mosque.

The issue is not that there are Muslims in the US, but that the West is abandoning the faith.

Father Peter
  • why would he not be bothered?
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9616.msg118623#msg118623 date=1282835886]
    can this flood in pakistan be a sign from God about this mosque??? Pakistan is 97% muslim...

I'm pretty sure that's not how God reveals signs :P
  • There are mosques all over the world. Why would he bothered about one more?

He is surely much more concerned about how those who say they are Christian live their lives...

Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you. There is no security in trusting in governments and the leaders of men.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9616.msg118623#msg118623 date=1282835886]
    can this flood in pakistan be a sign from God about this mosque??? Pakistan is 97% muslim...

INDEED  ;)
  • Christians are also affected by the flooding.
    maybe it's better interpreted as an opportunity to reach out with love to those affected and show them a good way to live.
  • for those who think its fine that a mosque be built, wheres the outrage that St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church  existant on that site since 1914? which was damaged by the muhammadans 9/11 is being denied being rebuilt
  • Wow what more can happen. Obama really messed up his reputation. First black president and the last one I think.
  • This shud be a lesson to all that if islam was truly a religion of peace then they wud respect z situation nd wat was done in z name of islam and wudnt dare do something like this i mean all they want is attention in christ we trust!
  • [quote author=kalsam link=topic=9616.msg118976#msg118976 date=1283695271]
    This shud be a lesson to all that if islam was truly a religion of peace then they wud respect z situation nd wat was done in z name of islam and wudnt dare do something like this i mean all they want is attention in christ we trust!

^^lol