Pope Kryillos icon dripping Blood ( St Mina Monastery )

Hello:

I received this image of an icon of HH Pope Kyrilllos dripping tears of blood in the monastery of St Mina (Maryoot).

If true,the ozzing of blood from an icon shows that our Lord is really sad at the multitude of our Sins. Please verify,if someone knows anything more about it.

صورة للبابا كيرلس نزلت دموع دم فى أحدى المنازل

Comments

• Hello I have asked Lord and please give me ABSOULTLY NO CREDIT ONLY GOD give HIM all the glory. Ok the blood is a sign of the blood that has been shed across egypt and with Jesus's Blood he will deliver us for the End is near. I hope this has helped u.GBU and pray for me
  • did they analyse the blood yet ..
  • the arabic says "a picture of pope Kerrelos weeping tears of blood in one of the homes"

how is this in "St Mina Monastery"??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wow i did not see that
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Let us be very careful not to believe and to spread things which are not true. It is necessary to find out exactly where this image is, and what the response of the local bishop is before anyone of us here runs away with all manner of ideas. If what we say is not true then it is a lie. So let's find out the truth about this.

Hezekiel, who sent you the image and where did they get it?

Father Peter
  • maybe it just some people trying to spread that .
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9552.msg117745#msg117745 date=1281419596]
    the arabic says "a picture of pope Kerrelos weeping tears of blood in one of the homes"

how is this in "St Mina Monastery"??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know what the Arabic is saying and I put it here deliberately.But, there was more explanation in the post that I received which I did not include ,that said ,the event took place at St Mina Monastery .The home may refer to one location within the monastery or may not. The post does not say anything further.

Fr Peter, I got the mail from Egypt. It is not that I was certain about its accuracy. Not yet.
    We have a mailing group and we discuss and exchange so many things including any miraculous events which are also confirmed in other outlets. Sofar, we never had anything that was proven hoax. I was not sure about this one,though. I waited for a while to see if I could find it elsewhere. So far, I have not. Also, it is not that I rule out that such event could not take place at a monastery or in the home of a devout christian,because we do know that miracles happen and many of us here are a witness to much more greater inexplicable miracles. I decided to post it over here to get any feedback from informed tasbeha members whether such miracle really took place for I happen to think this forum is one of the best places to verify the truth of such things, in other words, as you correctly stated, I wanted to be very careful.

• Dear Hezekiel

I do not doubt the image, not at all. But it would be helpful if you could find the background out for us so that if we share this with others we will not be later accused of passing on some information which is not true.

I hope you can find out more.

God bless

Father Peter
  • Father Bless,

I will do my very best to confirm the authencity of this miracle and will certainly share my findings here with all of you.
  • that will be nice man . cause it would be very cool to know that is true
  • Hez,

Is it a picture, painting, or icon?

There are supernatural things that the devil does in order to deceive the faithful or to catch their attention from the true focus.

I personally, do not feel it is real, because it does not seem like an authentic icon (having been written by an iconographer and consecrated by a bishop).

I know this may sound lashing, but it is inconsistent with the anthology of miracles throughout the centuries.

I attend a house blessing in Shoubra--Cairo, and a priest given responsibility for exorcism, related to me several instances that he has experienced that show these manifestations to be false and not Divinely initiated.
  • it is actually very strange to look at it .. cause it weird . for example the photo is not perfect there is some colors in different places
  • Another obvious point to be made:

Why is Pope Kyrillos smiling in the picture and crying in the supposed miracle?  It is inconsistent.
  • I am very Skeptical when it comes to things like this. It kind of reminds me of the picture that went around a few years ago saying that pope kyrolos' body was still preserved and that the orbana he was holding was still warm........nonsense!
    [quote author=pets10 link=topic=9552.msg117705#msg117705 date=1281385008]
    Hello I have asked Lord and please give me ABSOULTLY NO CREDIT ONLY GOD give HIM all the glory. Ok the blood is a sign of the blood that has been shed across egypt and with Jesus's Blood he will deliver us for the End is near. I hope this has helped u.GBU and pray for me

lollll Pets10, are you saying that God appeared to you and told you that this picture is legitimate?

Sorry guys i just don't find this stuff to be real and to be honest a little silly. If this picture WAS actually in a monastery or in a cell of a saintly monk or in a cathedral where the pope or bishop or even a priest has confirmed then i would believe, but i do not believe these pictures which are sent in email claiming to be something that it is clearly not. It doesn't even look like real blood???
    PPFM
  • if he was smiling and crying then it would be tears of joy and why would the devil do that for something like that would strengthen our faith so y would the devil do that  just questions ~pete~
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9552.msg117852#msg117852 date=1281489483]
    Hez,

Is it a picture, painting, or icon?

Mark,

I wish I knew, but the post that I received says 'icon'.Is an icon not a sort of a painting as well, but with a lot of spiritual meaning? IBy looking at this example,that of St Mina looks like an icon,because his eyes are large and wide and his forhead appears large and the halo is evident.

Until now,I have not received anything that confirms its authenticity other than I have to take it in good faith ;D. I am still searching. Let us all remain wary in the meantime.
  • Hez,

It's not just that issue.  It is also the contradiction that I mentioned, that:  in the picture His Holiness is smiling, quite gleamingly, (in the depiction) and then he gives off tears.  It just does not make sense.
  • It looks like the icon of St Mina has been photo-shopped over the picture of His Holiness. But it is not easy/possible to see if the photo-shopped image is what is in the frame, or if what we are seeing is a photo-shopped merging of two images, one an icon in a frame and the other a photo of Pope Saint Kyrillos.

Father Peter
  • You are correct, my Father.  This particular hybridization has been done not maliciously, but it has been a common artistic interpretation of the association of His Holiness with St. Mina.

If you travel to St. Mina's Monastery in the Alexandrine desert, you will find many renditions of this hybridized image; some painted, others photo-shopped.  They even do one with a lion in the background of His Holiness.  Again, it is just pious interpreation, no intent for malicious effect.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9552.msg118053#msg118053 date=1281649441]
    Hez,

It's not just that issue.  It is also the contradiction that I mentioned, that:  in the picture His Holiness is smiling, quite gleamingly, (in the depiction) and then he gives off tears.  It just does not make sense.

Mark,

My apology for replying late! I did not mean to ignore your crucial points,but honestly, I did not scrutinize the picture as much.I am not yet sure about this particular story, but if  it is a real miracle,then it should not necessarily make sense.Does it make sense ,for instance,for myrrh to drip out of icons just like that? I think not.We can only make sense out of things that we can explain with our senses and existing natural laws. I have not been able to substanitiate the truth of this miracle,but here is what I think: I do not think there is any Coptic Christian with a sound mind who would dare spreading hoax miracles,specially one that involves a contemporary miraculous Saint such as HH Pope Kyrillos.I simply think there is no need to do that.Of all churchs ,Orthodox or otherwise, in my view,the COC is the only church that is blessed with mighty and unprecedented miracles.I do not know of any other church that can make such claims. I feel, people aren't desperate to spread fake miracles.

But this is not to say,this miracle must be real and we should take it in good faith as some have suggested to me.I thought I should remove it, since I have not been able to confirm it.In the words of Fr Peter  "so that if we share this with others we will not be later accused of passing on some information which is not true". Should I hear something positive from the four priests (only one replied and he was not sure) that I asked for feedback, I will let everyone know.
  • Hezekiel, thank you for taking such a mature and serious attitude. I am sure that none of us doubt that miracles happen, but you response to the present lack of firm support for THIS incident is commendable.

We must be faithful and believing but not credulous. As we get further information we can return to this incident with greater clarity.

Father Peter
  • Father Bless,

I appreciate your kind response.Thank you.

Please remember me in your prayers as I am having few challenges to overcome.

Hez