i dont know what i want to be when i grow up!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Success is relative to your own interpretation of the word. The majority of people don't know what they want to do with their lives during their junior year of high school. Many don't even know when they're in their junior year of college. Keep praying about it, and try to take as many different classes as you can, so that you can expose yourself to new things and find out what you're passionate about.
  • omggg i have the same problem!! but im gna be a senior wata i do??
  • Lol anyone from the homeland would give you this answer
    "Ohhhhh momken tib-ah doctorrr -- or enjeneeeer"
  • ^lol yup

But, same thing to you Pbrocks15. I'm gonna be a senior too, and I'm still not exactly sure.
  • Is a successful person someone who has a top job, or someone who has become a committed Christian?

Put your trust in the Lord and ask Him what He would want you to do with your life.

It is often difficult to find the right career path, but it is never difficult to discover the right spiritual path.

Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you.

Hand over your future entirely to God.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9534.msg117443#msg117443 date=1280914639]
    Is a successful person someone who has a top job, or someone who has become a committed Christian?

Put your trust in the Lord and ask Him what He would want you to do with your life.

It is often difficult to find the right career path, but it is never difficult to discover the right spiritual path.

Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you.

Hand over your future entirely to God.

Father Peter

This is brilliant advice.

You also don't know what the future holds. Not only should you hand your future to God, but your trust in Him, that He knows what is best for you.
  • im 28 and I still havent figured it out.
  • Dimyan,

Become a priest.

It's the greatest vocation.

Nothing better.

You will have to be everything, but your greatest reward and achievement will be that you are a father.
  • I don't think you choose to become a priest ilovesaintmark.
    It is an honour and a gift given to you by God and the congregation who elect.
  • [quote author=Pi Onkh link=topic=9534.msg117472#msg117472 date=1280985259]
    I don't think you choose to become a priest ilovesaintmark.
    It is an honour and a gift given to you by God and the congregation who elect.

i think ilovesaintmark is being a little sarcastic when he just said dealing with that much priests living here in the states.
  • OMG, ilovesaintmark always is joking like that without saying he's joking it always gets me. ;D ;D
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9534.msg117427#msg117427 date=1280891634]
    guys, i have no idea what i want to do in the future. i am going into my junior year of high school,

I am praying about it, but nothing yet =/

i also am going to my junior year .... i know i wanna be a Sergent but all my older friends have went in and hated this path  and left the college to go for other carrier paths

so goo for what you wanna be ... i suggest medicine . you feel proud that people will call you doctor .....
  • I think we need to be careful in our choice of career that we do not choose it so that other people look up to us.

This feeds a sense of pride which will make it hard for us to grow spiritually. All that matters in our careers, as in all our life, is that we seek to do our best, and that people find us generous, kind and helpful, whatever we do.

There is nothing wrong with working in a shop, or in a factory. These are all honourable trades to engage in. God will be pleased with us if we serve in these situations as committed Christians. He is not concerned whether we are doctors, or whether we are paid a large salary, or have a big house. None of this matters one bit.

It is sensible to consider training in those things which we seem to have some skill or aptitude, but it is no disaster if we are not a Doctor, or if we do not have a top job. The disaster would rather be if we ceased to be concerned to be Christian and became more concerned that we become 'important' in other people's eyes.

So consider those things you already enjoy and already have shown some ability in, but always ask the Lord what His will his, His holy, good and perfect will. And seek always to be found to be doing His will, wherever it leads.

Father Peter
  • listen to father peter's advice, and choose a job where u can give God the glory.
    i also had no idea at 15 what i wanted to do.
    i certainly didn't think of a career in hospital medicine.
    btw, medicine can be very hard.
    i am in my late 30s and still studying!  :o
    it's hard to me to find time to do other things! but God gives me strength, although all my friends and relatives complain that they don't see me enough.

so if u do God's will, He will give you strength. and if u get a little proud, He will send someone to pull u down (and sometimes it hurts!) so don't ask for people to look up to u.
    if they do, it makes it harder to find real friends (they are either artificially impressed or disgusted) and it gives u very much temptation.

also some people don't have one thing that is their career. eg i know someone who failed all (yes, ALL) his school exams, then worked as an apprentice, gradually learning electrical engineering, then started teaching his job, then went back to fixing things with his hands, then lost his job, then trained as a driving instructor, and now he is old (over 65), he teaches on a national 'safe driving' course. and through all this he was able to provide for a wife and kids, with God's help.

so don't ask 'what will i be when i grow up?'

instead ask 'who am i now?'
    am i a praying person who serves God and gives Him the glory always?
    if not, this should be the top aim of your 'career'.
  • Yes, what a wonderful post mabsoota.

How wise indeed. Let us all ask, 'What sort of Christian am I? and What sort of Christian do I want to become?'.

Nothing else matters.

Father Peter
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9534.msg117606#msg117606 date=1281208546]
    Kirollos3- are you kirollos girgis from queens church?

yep hahahahahahahahahahhahahahha .  and it gerges not girgis ..
  • Hi everyone,

Sorry, I don't post often and I can't figure out how to start a new topic, but I have an important message. St. Clement Coptic Orthodox Academy, in Nashville, TN, is the first Coptic school in the United States. However, they have a great need for resources and financial support. Right now, they have an extraordinary opportunity to win $500,000 from Kohl's (a department store), who is giving away that amount to the schools that are in the top 20 of receiving votes on Facebook. St. Clement is currently 18th, so every vote counts. Please vote at the following link: http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/school/1286781/st-clement-coptic-orthodox-christian-academy

Important: PLEASE VOTE 5 TIMES! Each voter can vote for one school up to 5 times.

Thanks! Spread the word!!

P.S. Sorry for posting off topic, but I feel this is very important. If someone knows how to start a new topic about this opportunity, that would be great. Thanks!
  • wait is it only in the USA
  • im pretty sure its only the US
  • [quote author=farhan33 link=topic=9534.msg117667#msg117667 date=1281331381]
    Hi All of u ..
    I,m gna be a senior wata i do?...Plz Tell Me...

someone who makes violins
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9534.msg117680#msg117680 date=1281365783]
    my thread has been stolen.

going back to your topic totos .. you should be pavli's bodygaurd ahhahahahahahahah
    or go marry morcous .. he will be good and take care of you lol
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9534.msg117689#msg117689 date=1281377053]
    your so corny, kiro lol. How do you know i'm antonious?

when you introduced your self ... there is only 1 antonious dimyan in our church .. and it you bro