Choosing an intercessory saint

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I've been trying to find one saint whose story really gets to me, who I can have as my intercessor. I've always wanted one that I can feel close to, like H.H. Pope Cyril VI did with St. Mina. Does anyone have any advice on how to chose one?

Comments

• Go with St. Mark, his story strikes at you in every corner of your being.
  • I'm not sure that it does...
  • you don't just choose to pick a saint to be your intercessor!!!

its a relationship, like saint Bishoy for me was not my intercessor, but slowly our relationship became closer, and our friendship became better... and its almost that he chose to by my intercessor, not I, him!

so what you can do, is see who is the best saint that relates to you, and you start having a connection with them!

Neshkor Allah, akhadna el barka!
  • Well, that was my problem- I can't seem to find one that I can really relate to. I don't know how to find one whose story really captures me.
  • be close to all the saints for now... and one will stand out in due time!

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka!
  • I guess so. Thanks to everyone who replied.
  • i suggest you choose the most passionate and powerful intercessor, His Majesty JESUS CHRIST! He is seated at the right hand of the Father (God) and intercedes for you and I (that is ...for us!). Seek to relate to Him and you will enjoy the benefit, while He will get the glory!
  • Lightening,

Our Master is beyond description in His advocacy on our behalf.  Yet, it is nice to have one of his ambassadors as a friend, as a guide, a mentor, and example, to be able to reach out to the Master.
  • try watching a bunch of saint and try to find one that had a life close to yours or was tempted with the same temptations as you. or a saint who just pretty interesting stories.

mine is st moses because he used to be a gangster, and me i used to try to be gangster in middle school :)
  • Hi All of u...
    Thanks to everyone who replied.
  • that why in some churches they make the Sunday school classes with saints name ... so you can use yours ...
    also try to find more than one . so you can put each saint to help you with a different subject in school
  • try temmav irini, she's mine ;D
  • Well, I have two that are on my mind now.

1. St. Mary- i've been reading about her for the Philly competition and i'm starting to become very fascinated by her.

2. St. Moses the strong- I'm still looking to learn about his story in greater detail, but I have a personal experience where he helped me out in a situation.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=9530.msg117581#msg117581 date=1281156765]
    Well, I have two that are on my mind now.

1. St. Mary- i've been reading about her for the Philly competition and i'm starting to become very fascinated by her.

i am also reading that book ..  but i can not make it to the competition going to egypt  :-\ :'( :-[
  • heres what u should do go to the home page of tasbeha.org and at the top it says "our faith" click on it and pick lives of saints the it has the calender and look through each day and find the saint it each has his story. my personal favorite in abba paul and abba anthony moslty because i saw them on the channel ctv  :D Ihope this helped. ~pete~