Liturgy Question

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
During the liturgy, at the beginning of the commemoration of the saints, abouna says something like:
"As this is the command of your only begotten Son, that we share in the commemoration of your saints"

I was wondering what this is referring to.

Thanks!

Comments

• Also, when we say "from generation to generation..." what exactly are we specifying to continue from generation to generation?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9444.msg117045#msg117045 date=1280098969]
    Also, when we say "from generation to generation..." what exactly are we specifying to continue from generation to generation?

before that, the priests says:
    Those, O Lord, whose souls You have taken, repose them in the paradise of joy, in the region of the living forever, in the heavenly Jerusalem in that place.
    And we too, who are sojourners in this place, keep us in Your faith, and grant us Your peace unto the end.

than we say:
    As it was and shall be, from generation to generation, and unto all the ages of the ages. Amen.

as a continuation to abouna's statement. meaning as the Church always been (as [the church] was and shall [it] be) from age/generation to another and to the end of the ages.
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9444.msg116379#msg116379 date=1278912921]
    During the liturgy, at the beginning of the commemoration of the saints, abouna says something like:
    "As this is the command of your only begotten Son, that we share in the commemoration of your saints"

I was wondering what this is referring to.

Thanks!

http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=288
  • HGBY is da man  ;D
  • Oh ok i see now, thanks minagir

Michael, thanks! Now I have an awesome new site to explore =)

hmm, but the quote from Hebrews is not really Christ speaking
  • lol is it ???