Far away

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
In the name of the Holy Father, and the Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God Amen!
Selam everyone

I have been having a problem in my spiritual life lately,
I don't feel close with God.
I feel close to Him in my prayers but i feel like other then my prayers, i am far away, like our relationship is together only when i pray. Like there is a wall separating me from Him.
Whenever im just living my day to day life, my mind is completely empty, i hate it but that is how it is for some reason. Like i don't think about anything completely.
I NEED HELP!
I don't know what is wrong with me. Does anyone have any advice? sermons, Holy Bible verses?
I thank you and ask that God helps you to answer this question!!!!!!!!
May God Bless you

Comments

• As St Paul wrote:
    "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

You just have to train yourself to take God with you everywhere:)

Try to do a self review everynight. Just pray and jot down a short confession. It will help you be more self aware throughout the day.

Rabena ma3ak[y]
    Plz Pray for me.
  • i was going to write something, then i remembered there were lots of great ideas here:
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=8894.0
    may God draw u close to Him.
  • i thank you, may God bless you dearly!
    Any more advice!!!!

sinner
  • I've been struggling with this same thing a while back and my foc told me it was because I didn't love God. I was startled at his response.. how could he tell me that I didn't love God!? Surprisingly enough, he was right! If you love someone, you will NEVER cut connection with them, even for a minute. They will always be on your mind, always occupying your thoughts, always in conversation with you. Think of a newly engaged couple. They wouldn't go a day without thinking of the each other at least 5000 times! If you truly loved God, you wouldn't just talk to him that 10 minutes during prayer time. Irga3 lih rabina ;) (referring to that video someone posted about prayer by Pope Shenouda lol)
  • thanks TITL i really needed that =]