OUR Ressurection

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
At the Second coming of Christ, it says we will all rise from the dead, does that include our physical Bodies? Or just the Spirit?

Comments

• (Correct me if I am wrong) We will be given heavenly bodies.

God bless.
    Please pray for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is what HG Bishop Youssef said:
    "Everyone resurrected will acquire a new eternal body. Those who believe in our Lord and whom He chooses to be with Him in His heavenly kingdom will be conformed to His glorious body. "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself" (Phil 3:20-21). Those who are going to hell will be raised also; as it is written in the Holy Gospel of St. John 5:29 "come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment." In hell, there will be suffering to the body as well as to the soul; as it is written in the Holy Gospel of St. Matthew 10:28 "do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
    this might help but im not sure
  • Ok, my question is going to get a bit harder now... we must all die physically to be ressurected by Christ, and according to HG Bishop Youssef, Jesus ressurects our physical Body... What about those who are still alive in the second coming, they do not die, so how will they be ressurected??
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Read 1Tessalonicans 4:13-17 and 1Corinthians 15:50-53
  • Ok after reading those, its appears Paul says "the dead shall be RAISED incorruptable", the word "raised" seems to imply, the ressurection of the Human body, but not as a corruptable human body, rather an incorruptable human Body, still flesh and blood, but with different physical laws... Does that sound right?