Easily Irritated

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I noticed in the past few months I am easily angry and irritated to the things I can not understand. Mostly it is a minor issue especially when my kids are having crazy things and hard to stop. I have to admit I am father of 3 little boys at age 5, 3 and 2 respectively. Even my wife I always quarreled for no reason. I drink but of course I am a good father to my kids and good husband to my wife.

I need your advise why my feelings right now are easily angry. I can not control it. What should I do?

Comments

• Is there another source of stress ? Work for example ?

I find that I am easily agitated with the people im closest to when I'm a little bit stressed.

If you do find that you are stressed.. Perhaps speak to your confession father about what's bothering you.
  • Try to work on finding some alone-time for yourself.  as over-stated as it might be, it's actually quite under-appreciated.
  • In the name of the Holy Father, an the Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God Amen!

Hello garyr9001,

I also struggle with that problem at times as well, but all you need to do is pray that God leads you have patience in your life.

Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,  nor give place to the devil.Ephesians 4:26-27

The thing that happens to me sometimes is that i dwell on my anger it leadis me to get more angry which sometimes leads to more problems. When we get angry the devil might try to make us get more and more angry to make us sin.
       My advice to you is when you feel angry, Cross yourself and pray, and talk to your father of confession before you let anger get the best of you.

Here is a cool video, don't worry there's subtitles!!!-

a sermon-
    http://old.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=153
    (scroll down to the sin of anger by Bishop Yusef)

Don't worry,- And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

May God help you and bless you and your family

a sinner
  • u should stop drinking
  • You need to enjoy some moments of calmness and a quieter environment by giving yourself 15 minutes of meditation (best during late afternoon, with no alcohol), pray in the first 5 minutes then relax for 10 minutes, lay on the grass and gaze to the sky, close your eyes and 'hear' some silence thinking how God is loving - and if the devil attacks you with negative ideas do not yield but remember how it is us humans that have corrupted many nice things, actively fight lost or desperate ideas. After that walk slowly for 5 minutes and avoid drinking for an hour.

Your wife may be so busy and tense because of the children so it is normal to feel neglected a bit. A good mother would care much about the children and gets so tired at the end of the day, a time where her husband may need some attention. However a good intentioned loving mother and wife may find herself overwhelmed and unable to cover all responsibilities and sometimes may seem neglecting or rather unhappy. Educating the children and providing their needs is a heavy responsibility even when the family is wealthy.

Try to give some time for your children, have some fun with them when you can. A well organized home is a good situation but it's not an easy task to establish. Collective prayers and going to Church are very beneficial.

Try to give some time to talk with your wife when she's not too busy. There is what's called the "7th year itch" where the couple starts to argue a lot about issues concerning their children and their own lives. With patience and prayers these so called "cycles" are overcome. A difficult childhood or a tough parent are among causes of an anger tendency but this is usually a more or less a regular habit rather than a fresh find.

Avoid drinking too much at all times. Excess drinking is also to blame when we understand that the liver is affected and loses much of its detoxifying functions, because alcohol is more toxic than useful. Our nervous system is protected by fatty substances and thus is also affected by alcohol directly and indirectly. Relative malnutrition, malabsorption and metabolic changes are strong factors that stress the whole body and will result in general weakness. There is also the presence of a hidden feeling of guilt because we know we are giving the example to our children.

Hold on to God and pray daily He may help you gradually leave all bad habits including these new bouts of anger. One thing I've personally learned from guidance by a good FOC is to start counting from 1 to 10 when i feel the anger reaction is imminent and it did work: you stall anger and learn to be calmer.

May the Lord help you. Amen.
    GBU