Reaping in the flesh

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Selam everyone!!!

I know this may seem childish or obvious but i'm not very smart,

is it wrong to reap in the flesh by getting your eyebrows done?
I have always been confused on what our Church thinks about it.

Thanks and may God Bless 

Comments

• i don't see the conection between 'reaping in the flesh' (which refers to the bad rewards of sin or the good rewards of following God) and getting your eyebrows done (i assume u mean plucking or waxing).
    all i can say is that if eyebrow waxing is sinful, nearly half my church is doomed  ;)
    so i think not!
    i don't wax for the following reasons:
    1. i can't be bothered
    2. it hurts  ;)
    not for any reasons to do with Godliness. in fact some of the kindest, most enthusiastic Christians i know do their eyebrows and wear make-up. i wear make-up for weddings and special church celebrations, otherwise reason 1. above applies!
    i think for men and women, if u spend more time looking in the mirror than searching God's words in the Bible, then you have a problem.
    hope this helps.
  • [quote author=Thanks be to God Always link=topic=9267.msg114694#msg114694 date=1274573648]
    Selam everyone!!!

I know this may seem childish or obvious but i'm not very smart,

is it wrong to reap in the flesh by getting your eyebrows done?
    I have always been confused on what our Church thinks about it.

Thanks and may God Bless 

Thanks be to God Always,

Are you male or female?
  • [quote author=Thanks be to God Always link=topic=9267.msg114701#msg114701 date=1274643274]
    Female!

that's good. it would be a problem if u were a guy. wouldnt it?
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9267.msg114706#msg114706 date=1274647790]
    [quote author=Thanks be to God Always link=topic=9267.msg114701#msg114701 date=1274643274]
    Female!

that's good. it would be a problem if u were a guy. wouldnt it?

if she were a guy she would have a slightly bigger dilemma than reaping the flesh  haha :D
  • i suggest you dont even get them done....in the future when you get older they will be like trees above your eyes....just leave them as they are
  • What if it were a unibrow issue?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9267.msg115195#msg115195 date=1275869478]
    What if it were a unibrow issue?

Who cares if you have a unibrow? if someone makes fun of you for having a unibrow then all judgement is on them lol. Honestly its not a sin to shave your unibrow or get your eye brows done, but its just one of those earthly pleasures everyone likes to enjoy every once in a while. So technically yea its okay, but dont get obsessive with it. Unibrow..... i guess if your not self confident you can do something about it, but remember its just hair....your gonna look ugly when you get old anyways hahaha  ;D BUT the down side is that no matter what you do...it grows back faster and stronger....
  • Should it be:  thread, wax, pluck, or shave [the unibrow]?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9267.msg115205#msg115205 date=1275876415]
    Should it be:  thread, wax, pluck, or shave [the unibrow]?

i feel like im reading a forum off of the sephora website or something right now haha.

• [quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=9267.msg115209#msg115209 date=1275880062]
    [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9267.msg115205#msg115205 date=1275876415]

i feel like im reading a forum off of the sephora website or something right now haha.

HAHAHAHA very true

[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9267.msg115205#msg115205 date=1275876415]

Well it depends....are you up for a lot of pain? if yes wax it, pluck it or thread it.....if your not then shave it....EITHER WAY it still grows back thicker and faster lol i cant stress this point enough. they are like cigarettes...smoke at your own risk hahaha
  • Electrolysis!!!  That's the answer.
  • HAHAHAHA there you go....thats why you dont fully listen to people.. thank you yousiegtennis
  • [quote author=yousiegtennis link=topic=9267.msg115272#msg115272 date=1275978998]
    LOL, ok, advice from a girl...shaving will make it grow back thicker and faster...waxing, plucking, and threading will not!  waxing and threading hurt more than plucking but are much faster, plucking takes forever!

I am proud to say that i could not have provided this information haha :D
  • I would like to request that the Administrators lock this topic.  It has become too controversial, and I do not want anyone to get hurt both figuratively and absolutely by the comments, suggestions, and practices inferred and delineated.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9267.msg115324#msg115324 date=1276080269]
    I would like to request that the Administrators lock this topic.  It has become too controversial, and I do not want anyone to get hurt both figuratively and absolutely by the comments, suggestions, and practices inferred and delineated.

Why would you say that? i dont see any reason to say that......i dont think anyone is going to get hurt from this if we are talking about NOT doing it, or the bad things to come from doing it.....
  • i think he is being sarcastic. coz we can get hurt plucking our unibrow. personally i like mine  ;)
  • loooooooool i like how this is on tasbeha.org lol
    but ya i think threading is the best bc i did
    waxing for a while and now my eyebrows are
    so sensitive & they like get a scar from waxing it now! =[