Being Nice???

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello everyone

Happy Acesnsion of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ ,

So my brother has some friends that came over yesterday, and whenever they come over they use the restroom and sometimes get something to drink.
I don't mind them but their house is literally about 2 mins away. They live like 5-7 houses away from us.
I know its good to give to people food and stuff when they ask, but i just don't understand why they just come over and use our stuff when they have their own stuff.

What should i tell them...

Them thanks and May God Bless You all

Comments

• [quote author=Thanks be to God Always link=topic=9231.msg114384#msg114384 date=1273753603]
    Hello everyone

Happy Acesnsion of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ ,

So my brother has some friends that came over yesterday, and whenever they come over they use the restroom and sometimes get something to drink.
    I don't mind them but their house is literally about 2 mins away. They live like 5-7 houses away from us.
    I know its good to give to people food and stuff when they ask, but i just don't understand why they just come over and use our stuff when they have their own stuff.

What should i tell them...

Them thanks and May God Bless You all

Do they come over just to use your food?

That's funny. It reminds me of the time this bishop came to our house with 2 priests ONLY to use our phone. hahah.. he didn't know anyone, he didnt know us, we didnt know him. All he knew was that we were a couple of easy targets that would be happy to let him use our phone.

That was ages ago. I thought it was quite funny actually, because he came, sat down, and said nothing.

Anyway, offer them your food. That is my advice. Make for them something nice to eat. Be hospitable.
  • if this happens often, then they should reciprocate. one day you and your brother should stop by their house and take their food :D

i remember once i was home alone and my sisters friends stop by. they asked for my sister, and i said that she wasnt home. so they just walk in, go to the pantry, take some snacks, and leave without saying a word haha. next time my sister went to their house i went with her and started making myself macaroni and cheese while her friend went to the bathroom  ;D
  • [quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=9231.msg114387#msg114387 date=1273782854]
    if this happens often, then they should reciprocate. one day you and your brother should stop by their house and take their food :D

i remember once i was home alone and my sisters friends stop by. they asked for my sister, and i said that she wasnt home. so they just walk in, go to the pantry, take some snacks, and leave without saying a word haha. next time my sister went to their house i went with her and started making myself macaroni and cheese while her friend went to the bathroom  ;D

No guys, that's revenge. Its not right.

I wouldnt do that.

I think your friends have no class, but still, you need to more classier and still be hospitable.

I regret not offering more to my friends when they'd come over to see me. I was hospitable to them, but I think I could have done much more. Were they welcoming to me also when I went to see them?? I cannot judge. I was happy with whatever I was offered when I went to see them. One thing is for sure, they did come to see me, and I loved them for that. I wish I could have been a better friend for them also.

Also, Christ says: What have you gained if you love those who love you? what have you gained if you give to those whom you know you will receive something from?? How does that make you different?

The same way, you should be different. If you look at the story of Abraham, all I remember why God chose him above anyone was because he was EXTREMELY hospitable to others. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he went out of his way to welcome strangers into his home.
  • come on now, guys..don't be ridiculous...what is some food and drinks?? what like 5$ ?? 10$?! i don't see the big deal...

It would be a different story if they disrespected your house..or didn't clean up after themselves but that's not the case.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=9231.msg114393#msg114393 date=1273817748]
    come on now, guys..don't be ridiculous...what is some food and drinks?? what like 5$ ?? 10$?! i don't see the big deal...

It would be a different story if they disrespected your house..or didn't clean up after themselves but that's not the case.

I whole heartedly agree here, if someone is at your house and asks for some food or drink it is only polite to oblige them. It doesn't matter where they live, as long as they are respectful guests.
  • [quote author=DanieM link=topic=9231.msg114394#msg114394 date=1273832531]
    [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=9231.msg114393#msg114393 date=1273817748]
    come on now, guys..don't be ridiculous...what is some food and drinks?? what like 5$ ?? 10$?! i don't see the big deal...

I whole heartedly agree here, if someone is at your house and asks for some food or drink it is only polite to oblige them. It doesn't matter where they live, as long as they are respectful guests.

Wasn't there something in the Bible that says if someone asks you for your coat, offer him your shirt also.
  • Yeah i understand now, you all are right.

Thanks for your input/advice.

I appreciate it.
    May God Bless you all