Hello, please help!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Okay, I was searching today in the Jewish Talmud to find records of Christ, But instead i found myself at further disbelief, due to writting of a man claming that the prophesies of Christ were taken out of context and misunderstood. (I am not a scholar nor am I a theologian, and I have very weak faith) But that is not all, I was searching up Psalms to find out whether or not our old testment is exactly the same as the old testment of the hebrews, and I came a cross to two websites that are in contradictory to each other and I don't know which one is the Torah.(If you would like the site, to see for your self, I can send you it) Thank you please pray for me, and God bless everyone.

Comments

• Here's one of the sites anyways http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa22.pdf

Pslams 22:16 -we use it as a messianic prophecy. We interpret it as "For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."

They interpret it as:

"For dogs have encompassed me; a company of evil-doers have inclosed me; like a lion, they are at my hands and my feet."

Wouldn't they know the actually meaning since it was written in their language.
  • Buddy, Don't trust anything online.  If you want real help you should go to your priest. Follow the Orthodox Study Bible and the interpretations of the early fathers. You never know what a websites ulterior motive is and who is really sponsoring it. There is no way to trust anything you find online.

God is with you.
  • Yeah your right, thanks! God bless. I might also go to a temple to see there point of views.
  • i have heard that the jews altered some of the meanings slightly after the time of Jesus as they we worried some of the prophecies we obviously about Him.
    i would also recommend the orthodox study Bible (again!) as there are loads of things in there about how the old testament prophecies refer to Jesus, it's really really clear He IS the messiah. to quote one, the original blessing of abraham by God says 'all nations will be blessed' because of abraham. the traditional forms of judaism that reject Jesus do not bless all nations, they are very specifically for jews only and it is a long and hard process to convert to judaism, i can't see how this is blessing all nations.

for more information on how this all fits together read the book of hebrews, it's amazing.
    may God guide you and save you from the confusion of wrong understanding.
  • Thankyou! I will get started as soon as I can! Also, thankyou for your blessing, may God bless all of us, in understanding and faith.
  • Hey Servant of Jesus,

Forget what you saw online from the "Jews". The old versions of Old Testaments are also found in Ethiopia. Some even preceed the book of Genesis written by Moses. Good example is the book of Jubilee. It has lots of details that are not reported in Genesis.

There are many distortions in the present day bible. Some are translational, others are intentional. The Jews have a share in the distortion. For example, in the present day bibles, (some Ethiopian church scholars say), the story of the exodus is not accurately written, and the old Geez versions are different from the present day bible..

But, the central theme remains unaffected no matter what kind of editing, distortion, or change is done by whoever! That theme is Jesus Christ!!!! Haleluya! The more you investigate this, I can tell you that the more you become convinced that Jesus was indeed God! The scriptures are so much afraid of saying otherwise nomatter how distorted they get by whoever!!

Haleluya!