I feel so guilty about this, please help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
So one time my friends and I wanted to spilt coffee but she wanted milk on her's and i didn't. When i went to buy the coffee I put some milk in an empty cup and when i was paying for the coffee I told the lady that it was for the coffee but did not really say that there was milk inside. Anyway, later on i realized that they make you pay extra for that. SO now i feel so guilty. I feel like i stole something and i don't know what to do. I will confess about it (which I am really embarrassed to do so) but should I also go back to the cafeteria and tell them that I got milk before and didn't pay for it? and would that seem wired if I did that. And when I confess it, do you think that abouna is going to view me in a really bad way? I feel so guilty and am so embarrassed to tell abouna.

Comments

• [quote author=ServentofGod link=topic=9150.msg113692#msg113692 date=1272063246]
    So one time my friends and I wanted to spilt coffee but she wanted milk on her's and i didn't. When i went to buy the coffee I put some milk in an empty cup and when i was paying for the coffee I told the lady that it was for the coffee but did not really say that there was milk inside. Anyway, later on i realized that they make you pay extra for that. SO now i feel so guilty. I feel like i stole something and i don't know what to do. I will confess about it (which I am really embarrassed to do so) but should I also go back to the cafeteria and tell them that I got milk before and didn't pay for it? and would that seem wired if I did that. And when I confess it, do you think that abouna is going to view me in a really bad way? I feel so guilty and am so embarrassed to tell abouna.

Why don't you go back and pay for the milk? Just tell them that it was a mistake?

• I know that I am over thinking this, but do you think that i might get into any trouble if i go and tell them. Would they think that I was trying to steal or something
  • dude habibi...its not a sin if you didnt know!!
    Dont worry about it if u didnt know..but go ahead and tell them if u feel super guilty...of course they wont get mad bc you didnt know =]
  • lolol
    What you can do is just buy something else, pay in cash, and tell them to keep the change. That way you pay back what you owe, would stop feeling guilty about it, and won't have to go through the embarrassment of explaining the situation.
  • [quote author=Abounasarecool link=topic=9150.msg113705#msg113705 date=1272077333]
    dude habibi...its not a sin if you didnt know!!
    Dont worry about it if u didnt know..but go ahead and tell them if u feel super guilty...of course they wont get mad bc you didnt know =]

Wait a sec.
    ServantofGod: Do you live in Saudi Arabia?

I think that must be the case. Yes, if you live in Saudi Arabia, then get a plane ticket and leave the country ASAP!!!

• [quote author=Abounasarecool link=topic=9150.msg113705#msg113705 date=1272077333]
    >:(
  • I believe that it is not correct to return only the amount due on the beverage.  The Holy Bible calls upon us, in restitution, to return it ten-fold.  If there is a VAT, then it would be at least 14 times.
  • Oh, for goodness' sake!  I know some of the answers are a joke (at least I HOPE so).  Next time you go just say, "Hey, last time I was here, I took some milk in a cup but did not realize that I was supposed to pay extra for that.  How much do I owe you?" 

Please let us know if they even charge you or if they say, "Oh, don't worry about it!  How nice of you to be so honest!"

And guess what?!  YOUR GUILT WILL BE GONE.  Don't berate yourself any further.  But DO follow through.  And let us know how it goes.
  • I agree with just mentioning it to the person next time yu go n and offering to pay for it.

If you have to pay for it, then that is the right thing to do.
    If you do not have to pay for it, then you have offered and have done the right thing too.

As it was a mistake, do not feel too guilty. Just do what you need to in order to remove the guilt.
  • Sorry, mine was just a stale joke.  I hope no one took me serious.
  • you should not be embarrassed by confessing it. abounas are trained not to judge you and change their opinon of you after a confession. if you go and murder someone and confess it, abouna wont run away from you, he will love you and love you more.  that is the most common misconception and one of the biggest of the devil's tricks that he plays on people to prevent them from confessing. dont worry what abouna thinks. he wont think anything at all. i am sure, he heard the sin before; it is very common to take something and not know it was extra. dont kill yourself over it.

lolll that reminds me of homer simpson "If i can't see it its not illegal" while covering his eyes as he runs the stoplights.
    i think it is still counted as sin.He might not of known it was but that doesn't change the fact that it was.
    PPFM
  • Well, personally speaking, I was being dead serious: if that happened to me in Saudi Arabia, I'd be on the 1st plane out of the country. Otherwise, this person is definately over-doing it. The only thing that makes sense is that they are living in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi's , and arabs in general, do not forgive nor forget over the SMALLEST THINGS. And if you're a christian in these countries - oh dear for you!!
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9150.msg113749#msg113749 date=1272159591]
    Sorry, mine was just a stale joke.  I hope no one took me serious.

ilovesaintmark,

Could you please not make such a stale joke? There may be young minds that can be easily influenced by anything that is written on these forums. We must remember to be quite serious when people write for help. However, there is always a time and a place for a good laugh, just not like that.

Forgive me if I come off as offensive. That is not my intention.