Hackers on this Site

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
There seems to be an influx of hackers and new sign-ons.  There are some that are advertising and others that have very immoral motives added.

I would hope that the administrators take a look at these issues.

I would hate that this site becomes corrupted because of these hackers.

Some of the screen names are inappropriate.

Comments

• you can simply click "Report to moderator" on any posts that you think shouldn't be there or should be edited by admins.

you cal also pm one of the admins of mods if you see any of those screen names that you are talking about.
  • I do wonder myself whether there are not 20,000 such spam accounts among the 40,000+ members of the forum.

I do try to kill any messages created by such users. But there are always new accounts in the middle of being created whenever I look at users online.

What do the site admins think could be done?

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9178.msg113965#msg113965 date=1272653615]
    I do wonder myself whether there are not 20,000 such spam accounts among the 40,000+ members of the forum.

I do try to kill any messages created by such users. But there are always new accounts in the middle of being created whenever I look at users online.

What do the site admins think could be done?

Father Peter

well....i have asked once to start cleaning it up but it would just take tooo much time. but it's possible i am sure.

the thing is, you might think they are all hackers but in reality, not all. people sometimes just make new accounts to download more audios; they bypass the limit by creating another account and downloading with that.
  • Hi Minagir,

If you check the profiles you will see that thousands and thousands have links to various spam sites or are being used for spam links. I think that is the main reason they are being created.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9178.msg114020#msg114020 date=1272747675]
    Hi Minagir,

If you check the profiles you will see that thousands and thousands have links to various spam sites or are being used for spam links. I think that is the main reason they are being created.

Father Peter

Abouna, just email Maged to delete those accounts that you see.
  • I just deleted one that had posted a generic greeting to everyone from the Philippines but was advertising a US Mercedes dealership!
  • It's not just advertising.  There are also weight loss programs, and obsenities.  I will try to keep track of names and report.
  • How can you report someone, if they have not posted?

Latest subscriber--false:  Beat_Online_Roullette
  • Hey Admins,

You will notice that three of the accounts logged in now, are fake.