Miracles

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I thought of making a thread so that everyone could share and discuss their own miracles.

I had a miracle when I was about less than 1 year old. My mom carried me during the middle of the night so I can get breastfed. While she was carrying me, she tripped over something, and I slipped from her hands, and I got tossed 2 1/2 meters from where she was, and she cried out "Ya babah Kyrillos, ya Marimina!!!" And Miraculously, I landed SLOWLY on the hard floor without a scratch, or even crying. But on the other hand, my mom's back was and still is messed-up. Later, my mom opened Pope Kyrillos's book of miracles, and she found the EXACT miracle written in there. I really hate myself for causing my mom all that pain.  :'( 

Comments

• When I was born my legs were both bent back wards and paralyzed. (like if someone was standing on their knees). The doctors wrapped my leg, and kept it like that. When I got baptized my legs straightened out.

and my name is abanoub so the position i was paralyzed in was kinda cool cuz i looked like him in his icon :D

• [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8939.msg111832#msg111832 date=1268275686]
    When I was born my legs were both bent back wards and paralyzed. (like if someone was standing on their knees). The doctors wrapped my leg, and kept it like that. When I got baptized my legs straightened out.

and my name is abanoub so the position i was paralyzed in was kinda cool cuz i looked like him in his icon :D

That's amazing! It's REALLY amazing what God can do!  :D
  • kirolies, you shouldn't feel bad, like it was your fault you slipped! little kids are always falling and knocking things over and breaking things, it's because God has designed them to have an immature nervous system at that time.
    the same God who helped you can help your mum too. which brings us to the question, why does God do sometimes physical healing and miracles and sometines not?

this is a very big issue, but, basically, sometimes we turn to God in the hard times and so He lets us experience them, and sometimes our physical pain actually comes from emotional pain (sadness, worry etc) or spiritual pain (unforgiveness, being far from God). so if someone doesn't get a miracle, it doesn't mean God doesn't like that person and it doesn't mean it's a punishment. it means that God has decided that doing a miracle isn't the best thing in that situation.

like i have a friend who is very disabled from some physical problem stopping his nerves from working. but he is one of the most trusting people i know, i am very impressed with his love for God and his great faith. i don't know why God didn't heal him, but it's best to ask 'what can we learn from God in this situation?' the thing that is more important than our physical healing is that we turn from sin and ask God to heal our sick spirits, so that we can love Him as we should and as my disabled friend does.
  • A while ago, my dorm building was throwing this big campus party - complete with everything done at a stereotypical college party. Freshmen living in the dorm were "required" to run security shifts - ie. preventing the underage drinkers from going outside and getting caught by the police, sitting with people who got too drunk and making sure they recovered, etc etc. I was new in town, didn't know anyone at all in the area, and I definitely didn't want anything to do with the party, but I had no idea what to do, especially since I was told I was "required" to volunteer at the party. When I didn't sign up to volunteer, the college student president even approached me and asked me why I hadn't signed up. I stressed out for a long time about what to do, but I decided just to leave it in prayer and let God take care of it. The day before the party came, and I was still anxious about what to do, so I went to the church Bible Study. At the end of the Bible Study, one of the church servants (who I didn't really know) randomly approached me and told me he would be spending the weekend at the Coptic Monastery (about 3 hrs away) and I was invited to come. So, lol, I ended up spending the weekend at the monastery and it was great. And about the volunteering being required - one of the student council members vouched for me and got me off the hook before I even asked.
    Glory be to God
  • when i was younger, my dad was living in the USA while my mother and I were back in Egypt. When my mother went to the airport, she was told that she forgot my citizenship so she could not take me to America with her. She kept on telling them she she can not leave her baby in Egypt, and i had to go with her. The person told her that either my mother goes to America by herself, or she goes without me. I mother cried and asked for the intercession from one of the saints (im not sure which one) and miraculously, the woman behind her could not leave Egypt and i took her place instead. Now i call that a miracle!
  • I am (or trying to be) thankful for all the mircales which Jesus Christ our Lord God and Saviour provides! At times, I wonder how He can love all of us so much that His mercy, allows us to live another day -we being unworthy and sinful- filled with chances to return to Him. But the most miraculous mircale is the mystery of the Eurcharist. God Bless everyone.

Please pray for me.
  • A long time ago, my aunt was paralyzed, they were only giving her a couple of weeks to live.  My family went to Baba Kyrillos while she was in her chair.  He anointed her with the oil, and said to her ,why are so sitting down, get up you are now healed!
    And thats why my dad named my brother Kyrollos.
  • [quote author=Kirolies link=topic=8939.msg111829#msg111829 date=1268272066]

my mom's back was and still is messed-up. Later, my mom opened Pope Kyrillos's book of miracles, and she found the EXACT miracle written in there. I really hate myself for causing my mom all that pain.  :'(   

Don't feel guilty because you know what...your mother is probably very happy that the harm was to her and not you. A mother would rather be in pain herself than watch her child suffer! ask her  :)
  • When I was little, my tita and i used to see St. George come out of his picture in the living room and just ride his horse around, then go back to his normal state (in picture form).. i think this happened a few times.. i ended up making up a special song for him... btw i dont really remember this all, but my tita told me the stories, and i vaguely remember seeing him..

btw abanoub, remind me to tell you something about what you just said about st. abanoub!
  • I am not sure if this is as much a miracle as my being half asleep helping me out.  :D

I usually feel very guilty when working as I do not bring my prayer beads with me, so do not feel as focussed when praying at work,and for the last few days have prayed to end the forgetfullness.
    This morning I was preparing resources for a lesson explaining the basics of Islam, which involved me bringing in artefacts such as a Muslim prayer mat and rope, so I packed by bag, checked I had everything and again had forgotten my beads.

So it came to the lesson, and I checked by bag to find that instead of the Islamic rope, by prayer beads were there. I had somehow picked them up from my room instead of the Islamic rope from downstairs.

As I said before, this may not be a miracle as much as other events, but to me this seemed to be baffling, as I was sure I had not put my beads in my bag, and so was able to focus better praying today.  ;D
  • My birth.  Without going into details, I should have died at birth.  The doctors at the time were dumbfounded.
  • my parents tried for years to have a child and they couldn't. so after they moved to america my mother was redoing her residency (shes a doctor) in Cleavland Clinic, and at that time Temmav Irini was sick and thats the hospital she went to. my mother saw her and told her that she always wanted a child, but couldn't have one. Temmav Irini prayed on her and then said to her "In one year, you will have a son." and one year later... i popped out :D
  • i was in our church's tech room andone of our camera controller programs you have to click over 100-2,000,000 times for it to open so i prayed and after 3 tries it opened. another time one of the computers just wouldnt restart the right way so yet again i prayed and it worked  ;D might not sound like much to others but this is really big to me.