Desperate, Need Help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Your signature is "Je Nai Nan" Lord have mercy.. we all make mistakes and learn from them not by choosing to end our lives and choosing the fastest way to hades. I dont know the situation but grades arent important compared to your eternal life, I am sure you are very hurt from what your mom said but we all know that egyptian parents have a tendency to put alot of pressure on grades.. Pray about it and take some time alone to read a good book, preferably the bible and ask God for help and wisdom
    May the lord have mercy on all of us, we are all here for you, Prayers of the saints be with all
  • Suicide is never the answer, just take a step back and think about whats goin on. What is the real root of the problem, is a C-say 30-40 years down the road really going to make a difference? I doubt it. Its just a grade buddy. There is no reason to be so upset and depressed to the point of suicide over a grade. If you commit suicide do you think that there will be a place for you in paradise? I think not, not only do you through away a chance to serve God in life, but you through away your eternity at the same time. God is love, God is merciful, if you are upset call on Him, read the psalms, pray from your heart, call on God day and night. Precious is the life of Gods children. Suicide is not the answer, take a step back and think about all the good things and blessings God has given you, are you willing to throw that away for a C-? A C- is passing. Do your best and pray, and God will do the rest. Do not lose hope.

For all the parents who come to this forum, go easy on your children, push them to succeed but do not push them so hard that this is the result. Too many children feel inadequate and for grades such as B's and C's, they aren't the best, but maybe the subject is hard. Be understanding and when your child is not so upset about the grade, discuss it with them calmly. If they need help offer it.

Jibrahim, stand strong God is with you

Pray for me and my weakness
  • why are you so upset? a grade is not important at all, but what is VERY important is your life here on earth and after! dont get depressed over a grade! its not worth anything in the long run!!! Pray and ask for God's help!
  • history is hard..  :-\ i find essays hard+remembering facts too  ???
    i remember just before my history GCSE is was so so so worried i only had a few days left and the whole folder to learn+i cudnt concentrate+my head was like a sieve.. so i tried sitting in the garden and revised just from the revision guide.  i felt so unprepared but asked for St. Macarius' help in the exam. in the end it all went well.  i was so surprised but somehow God sorted it all out  :)
    here are a few verses that help me out when i feel not enough..
    "Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

• [quote author=jibrahim23 link=topic=9174.msg113894#msg113894 date=1272482815]
    I need a lot of help.  Report Cards just came and I got a C- in history.  I thought my mom was going to kill me.  And well i was verbally abused and yeah.  Im having thoughts about suicide.  I think it's just because im shocked or what but i really am considering it. Need help.
    [coptic]Je Nai Nan[/coptic]

Habibi, do your best and leave the rest to God. Be honest in everything. If you worked hard, do not worry. If you played around and didn't work hard, and you still got low grades - then you ought to prioritise your day better and finish with the important things 1st.

Why are you contemplating suicide? Its just a grade. It doesn't define who you are, nor does it define your life. It just tells other people what grade you got.

If you didn't play around and you STILL got low grades, then what is wrong with that!? The richest and most successful people in the world do not even have a GCSE to their name.

But they worked hard in what they did!!

Perhaps you're not cut out for academia. Perhaps you could do an apprenticeship instead?

• oops it sent before i'd finished..

altho u feel really rubbish now. pick urself up. be brave.  things go wrong for all of us but in the end if you pray and hang on troubles pass.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Saviour and My God." (Psalm 42:11)

"I am still confident in this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:13-14)

im praying for u. 
    "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." (2 Thessalonians2:16)
    N.B. pretend the verse is in the singular  ;) chin up jibrahim23!
  • The fact that you are so distraught shows your other grades must have been a lot better than that,  so do you really want one C- to be the reason for ending this life which God gave you?
    As a teacher I give people C-'s all the time, that purely means that you need to look over your work, see where you went wrong and use that as a reference on how to improve. There are far worse grades that you could be getting, and even those are no reason to end this glorious gift of life over. Do not punish yourself, just work on improving the grades. As the book of Proverbs says "Stupid fools learn good sense by seeing others punished; a sensible person learns by being corrected." (Proverbs 19:25)  
  • i agree with all these great posts.
    one day i felt really bad about exams. i just found out i failed a really important med school exam (it meant i had to resit in september while studying the next year's material at the same time!) i also failed my driving test that same day. also my family went off to a Christian meeting after they decided (in my place) that i was too tired to go with them, leaving me on my own (i had to pack to go to an international student placement which i had to leave for early the next morning).

i put on a brave face till everyone left, then sat on the floor weeping for half an hour!! i thought my life was destroyed! in fact it had only just began.
    i tried my best to trust God, read the Bible and prayed, dried my tears, did my packing and not only did i successfully graduate (ok, i nearly failed one final exam but i DID pass!) but on that same trip i was packing for, i met my future husband!
    that was >10 years ago, you see, God had a plan for me that involved me learning how to fail and learning how to deal with people's disapproval.
    He will take care of you too, we will also pray for you  :)
  • Hey man, what everyone else has said is great advice so I'm not going to repeat it. I'll just say back in high school I got a D in geometry and boy did I get it from my parents. Struggled hard not to fail, and I did end the year with a D. Thought it was all over. But I'm in Rutgers now, still got a scholarship, doing wonderfully, and truth be told, that grade really made no difference in the long run because you have so many others to offset it. I'm also a history major, so if you need any help in the future send me a pm I'll be more than glad to help you out. I'll be praying for you and I'm sure everyone else here will as well. Be strong for Christ is with you.
  • Please do not forget how you're important to God and to your family.

The devil tries to put us in a very sad mood to make us think we're worthless and that harming ourselves is the answer to everybody's problems and worsens these feelings with guilt to deceit us into believing that it is the natural punishment we deserve - it's not so, not so at all.

Think again: will it make you or your mother happier or solve things?! If you harm yourself in any way it will only make things worse, the worst possible - in fact the only one who'll be really happier in this case is the devil (God forbid). If you harm yourself you will lose everything (not just some grade) and let the devil win.

Please pray, be positive and accept the situation as a life learning experience.
    God may allow things to happen but He does not leave us.
    In times of stress instead of having bad thoughts we should try to get closer to Him.

You will find a lot of comfort if you remember the calm kindness of the Holy Virgin St Mary. She will pray for you and help you when you ask her support.

GBU
  • In my book you are so smart because you got "C" in a subject that requires a lot of memorization; I still can remember the words of a classmate when I got a bad grade, he said “who cares, you didn’t like statistics anyway”. Who cares when Abraham Lincoln was born.......etc? May be you can use this grade to gauge your interests and what career path you would prefer in the future.

Please, don’t feel bad if your mom was tough on you.  Cheer-up…..   Good fortune to you having a mom who checks your grades. Have you heard the term "people with thick skin…."

Whispering in your ears “don’t take my post as a license to get bad grades in the future”
  • Ya, don't worry that's just how Egyptian parents are. In my book if you get a C but you were giving your best effort than that's all that matters, if you were giving your best you should have nothing to worry about, if you weren't well u better start before the SHIP-SHIP(slippers) start to enforce the law. LOL
  • One of my favorite verses:

"Do not rejoice over me my enemy, when I fall I will arise, when I sit in darkness the Lord will be a light to me" (Micah 7:8)
  • jibrahim,

Let me tell you of my own experiences about grades and where God has brought me in life. I, just like you, had grades in my high school career that I wished were different. However, whenever I knew that I did my very best (and God will always know when you have) then I just had to tell myself that all I can do is learn from my mistakes and move forward. To sit in despair is to allow the devil into your thoughts and tempt you with all kinds of crazy thoughts to distract you from your God given purpose in life (which takes a lot of prayer to figure out). Anyways, like I said, I got horrible grades at times myself and yet I am a full-time college student at an excellent university, studying under great professors and all on a full scholarship.

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!

if you take anything from this let it be HIS WORD  "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:10-12