The gospel according to....

Guys Today I was bored..... when I get bored I google..... when i google i usually get confused.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

The gospel according to thomas!? Why didn't I get a text message about this existing?

So does our church like believe this and stuff?

why is it just a list of quotes?

Help me! I am So confused!! this would destroy the song I used to learn the books in the bible!!

Comments

• The gospel of Thomas is a gnostic gospel and is not considered divinely inspired. That goes for the gospel of judas and a few other writings that were found in coptic that are dated many years after the deaths of the apostles. So its not something you should worry about. No churches accept these gospels.
  • yay... thank god i have the attention span of a door knob, i got to the third quote then went back to googleing :D
  • I believe the Didache is actually accepted, but I am not sure. There is also the gospel of Mary magdalene, very bad and very gnostic.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9006.msg112319#msg112319 date=1269398014]
    I believe the Didache is actually accepted, but I am not sure. There is also the gospel of Mary magdalene, very bad and very gnostic.

the Didache is NOT part of "Gnosticism"
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9006.msg112319#msg112319 date=1269398014]
    I believe the Didache is actually accepted, but I am not sure. There is also the gospel of Mary magdalene, very bad and very gnostic.

The Didache is accepted but its not considered canonically apart of the Bible or something. Its more like an "extension" of Acts. Who the author(s) is/are slips my minds(I believe various apostles or the direct disciples of the Apostles)

Gnostic refers to a cult that existed who spread heresies through these so called "gospels". They believe that Christ was not in fact crucified and that judas was the one instead and such ridiculous things of the sort.