Christian Sayings/Slogans

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey guys...if you know any Christian sayings/slogans please share them here!!

If you don't know what i mean, here's an example of a Christian Slogan/Catch phrase:
"Know God, Know Peace; No God, No Peace"

NOP+
Youstina S

Comments

• Thank God for Jesus!!
  • live as a Christian today... or burn in Hell tomorrow!

sorry had to....
  • Charming SuperMAN(BAM), . . . simply charming
  • i have a couple but i'll post my favorites for now.

Next time you think u're perfect try walking on water.

I asked Jesus,"How much do You love me?" "This much," He answered. Then He stretched out His arms and died.
  • Christ-mas begins with Christ. No Christ,no Christ-mas
  • Do your Best, and God will do the Rest!
  •       Some stuff that I found online recently...........

“The Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea are made of the same water. It flows down, clean and cool, from the heights of Herman and the roots of the cedars of Lebanon. the Sea of Galilee makes beauty of it, the Sea of Galilee has an outlet. It gets to give. It gathers in its riches that it may pour them out again to fertilize the Jordan plain. But the Dead Sea with the same water makes horror. For the Dead Sea has no outlet. It gets to keep.” - Harry Emerson Fosdick

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis

“Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.” - Augustine of Hippo

“Whatever we have of this world in our hands, our care must be to keep it out of our hearts, lest it come between us and Christ” - Matthew Henry

“Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.” - G. K. Chesterton

“Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to the garage makes you a car.” - Dr. Laurence J. Peter

“If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is in one word- Prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell.” -Charles H. Spurgeon

God bless,
    R

• Thanks guys they are all very very nice ahah :)

I have one Pope Kyrollos (my shafi3) used to say all the time

Leave it to Him who takes care of it.

and others are (not said by him by the way)

What Would Jesus Do? :P
    Pray Until Something Happens
    Fully Rely On God

Also known as
    WWJD
    PUSH
    FROG

May his Prayers be with us all Amen
    Pray for me
  • "If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk to the Shepherd."
  • Pope Shenoudas famous line: "A church without youth is a church without future, and youth without church is youth without future."

“For some reason I had always assumed that when God wanted our attention that He would do something big that would rouse us from our sleep to bring us back to Him but I was wrong. God is always speaking. We are the ones who are hard of hearing. God is always patient, waiting for us to believe. We are the impatient ones, demanding to be convinced. We want something real, something we can touch and see to help us believe. The mountains, oceans and skies aren't enough. Our babies who smile and laugh and reach for us aren't enough. We need more. And we have it, all around us, every day. If we would just take the time to listen and see we would walk toward God and believe or at least some of us will. Some like me.”- Christmas Hope, Doona Van Liere. 

“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”- C.S. Lewis.

“Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.” –C.S. Lewis.

“To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I were to say, "God, why me?" about the bad things, then I should have said, "God, why me?" about the good things that happened in my life.”- Arthur Ashe.

Coptic Youth.

Enjoy!
  • Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big God is.

PUSH- Pray until something happens
  • Cleanliness is next to Godliness
  • “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” -- St Augustine.
  • Jesus Rules. Satan is a fool.
  • perhaps not a Christian quote, but one certainly reflective of Christian values :

"be kinder than neccesary, as everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle"

also :

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)
  • --never put a question mark when God puts a dot

--KNOW Jesus, KNOW peace. NO Jesus, NO peace
  • '"When the solution is easy,God is answering"" ( I think,Einstein's quote)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference". ( hmm, St Augustine ?)
  • Helping the poor is a greater work than raising the dead.

or when St John referred to anyone that does not believe, "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth." is crazy.

• "you will return with greater power!" (St. John Chrysostom)
  • We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first
  • Beautiful slogans, really  :D
    Does anyone have more?
  • choose to sin-choose to suffer
  • "only one Way"
  • mozes,
    i checked this one on the internet, as i thought it was written by saint francis of assissi. it's not by him, nor by saint augustine, but by a 20th century american protestant pastor called Reinhold Neibuhr, best link is here:
    http://www.thevoiceforlove.com/serenity-prayer.html
    i was surprised it wasn't older too!
  • For I was hungry, while you had all you needed. I was thirsty, but you drank bottled water. I was a stranger, and you wanted me deported. I needed clothes, but you needed more clothes. I was sick, and you pointed out the behaviors that led to my sickness. I was in prison, and you said I was getting what I deserved.
    Richard E. Stearns

• I like those!

Here's another one:
    "Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words. -Francis of Assisi
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=2863.msg111705#msg111705 date=1267999287]
    mozes,
    i checked this one on the internet, as i thought it was written by saint francis of assissi. it's not by him, nor by saint augustine, but by a 20th century american protestant pastor called Reinhold Neibuhr, best link is here:
    http://www.thevoiceforlove.com/serenity-prayer.html
    i was surprised it wasn't older too!

mabsoota,thanks for finding out the original thinker.Some writers attribute the qoute to different people,though.Whoever it was,it is a good qoute.

I just read these two messages on the angelican church billboard

'People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges"

'Are you wrinkled with burden? Come on into Church for a faith lift!'
  • When you are DOWN with something,
    God is UP to something.