Help Computer

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
this has nothing to do with religion, i opened my computer in safe mode and clicked on some diagnostic tools trying to fix it. and now my computer looks weird and is acting weird, i have vista and the toolbar does not look like it is supposed to be, and neither does the internet!!! some one please help me

Comments

• [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=8875.msg111169#msg111169 date=1267044876]
    this has nothing to do with religion, i opened my computer in safe mode and clicked on some diagnostic tools trying to fix it. and now my computer looks weird and is acting weird, i have vista and the toolbar does not look like it is supposed to be, and neither does the internet!!! some one please help me

cleaning it how. From what? 
  • You'll need to provide a bit more information.

Which diagnostic tools?

How does the toolbar look diffferent?

How does your internet browser look different?

Which browser are you using?

Did you download a diagnostic tool and which one?

Best wishes

Father Peter
  • Just restart your computer in regular mode and everything should be back to normal. Just by turning it off and on/restarting it, will put it back to the way it should be.
  • Well whatever was wrong with it might not be fixed but it should revert back to the way it was format wise if he has vista.
  • If this is a spyware of some kind, disconnect the Internet wire.
  • okay well im not to good at explaining these things but ill try,

the toolbar and internet look kinda like the windows 93 format, and i opened safe mode on vista and i clicked on something i dont know the name and it all changed, i tried going back and it woulnt let me, and i restarted the computer so many times, and i entered all modes, disconnected the internet, and everything notjhing worked
  • [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=8875.msg111201#msg111201 date=1267126960]
    okay well im not to good at explaining these things but ill try,

the toolbar and internet look kinda like the windows 93 format, and i opened safe mode on vista and i clicked on something i dont know the name and it all changed, i tried going back and it woulnt let me, and i restarted the computer so many times, and i entered all modes, disconnected the internet, and everything notjhing worked

Did you keep a copy of your registry file?

You say you have vista -do you have the home premium or just home edition?

What exactly is appearing on your screen?
  • it's probably a really bad spyware. get an oldish usb drive, one that you might lose. download spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

put it on a usb and then move it to the infected pc and try to install it ans run a search....it's one of the best spyware free programs around.

also if it's that bad, and you do have warranty on that laptop, call the pc company.

Also don't worry about it much....the worst that can happen is you lose all you're data and reformat the laptop.... :)
  • You could system restore it
    if you have your files backed up you can load it from a certain date
    when you first start the computer i believe you press F11 check the bottom of the screen though, i could be wronged
  • i wish i knew how to show you guys a screen shot, and i dont know which kind of vista i have, i think its the home edition one..... not too sure. and im for sure its not a spyware cause my virus protection stuff would have went crazy.

[quote author=CertifiedOrthodox link=topic=8875.msg111202#msg111202 date=1267127317]
    [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=8875.msg111201#msg111201 date=1267126960]
    okay well im not to good at explaining these things but ill try,

Did you keep a copy of your registry file?

You say you have vista -do you have the home premium or just home edition?

What exactly is appearing on your screen?

Well im not too good with computers so your going to have to put this into plain old young egyptian english for me to understand hahaha.

and i dont think i ever backed up my computer like EVER
  • try this:

1) Click on start menu
    2) Go to "Control Panel"
    3) Click "System and Maintenance"
    4) Click "Performance Information and Tools"
    5) On the left, click "Adjust Visual Effects". It will prompt you if you are sure you want to do it, click yes.
    6) Select the bubble that says "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer"
    7) Click "Apply" then click "OK"
    8 ) If this doesn't work, then try again except fill in the bubble that says "Adjust for best appearance"

Hope that helped :)

Please tell me how it goes!

pray for me,

Chris
  • !!!!!!!GENIUS!!!!

Thank youuuu sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much its all fixed now. Thank you everyone for helping me on this i really do appreciate your concern for your fellow brother, and although it might seem like a feasible task that you all did im sure there is a reward in heaven for you all.

Thank You:
    AikotiEnsok
    geomike
    minagir
    CertifiedOrthodox
    jydeacon
    Father Peter Farrington

• oh...so it was a "Visual Effects" problem and not spyware...that's good news.