yes or no?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
someone i know has a problem with someone else close to me. she hates when the other one calls or talks to me. she becomes mad at another friend of mine also for this. she called me and my other friend today. so when the one that hates her asked if anyone called i told her no because i did not want to cause problems and make her upset. i know it was wrong to lie but i wanted to play it safe. she found out that the person she hates called and now wont take to me. she cursed me and said i was not loyal to her and so on. i know it was wrong of me to lie, i should have told her straight up. what should i do?

Comments

• Maybe... say that if she would not be so mad at you, you would not have had to hide anything.
    Just because she doesn't like your other friend doesn't mean you can't talk to that other friend.

You may want to determine what is best; do you think both friends need you? Are they both good for you?

It doesn't seem your friend's angry reaction is good at all. Why do you want to listen to everything she says; if she is an older friend of yours, maybe... but this reaction of hers is not good; she should understand you and you should not have to lie:

You should not feel bad in the future. You should do something you can be comfortable with, not just comfortable for a friend (such as lying). If there is a reason that one friend is not good for you, don't worry about them first, worry about you first.

+++
  • you should have told her straight up.

why you ask?  ???

Because, if she was your true friend she would not try to control you in such ways. You both are different people. Her not liking your other friend has nothing to do with your relationship with the one she doesn't like

Also, you should not only tell you friend that you were talking to this other person, but you should stand up for that other person. God is love. If one hates, then he/she defies god. As the martyrs were tortured for standing up for the faith, your friend may do you the same for standing up for this person. However, in the end, who went to heaven, and who went to hell? Who was right and who was wrong in the end?

i apologize for my disorganization as i am in a rush because mama is yelling for me to come to dinner... and you know how we egyptians are with food :)

hope i helped, and god bless!!

chris