Prayer for Haiti

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Let all pray for the people of Haiti ,The dead,the injured and the survivors as well .In christ's mighty strength lets pray for them to recover .
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present  help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.

Psalm 46 1-3

Comments

• Horrific scenes from Haiti. What a tragedy.  May God give them strength to get through this.
  • yes, let's pray for God's word to be declared there and for the Christians to grow in grace and knowledge of Him.
    haiti is famous for voodoo (worshipping spirits and putting curses on people) but there are Christians there as well. lets pray for good strong Christian leaders who call people to make a complete break with the old religions and serve God alone.
    lets pray for a swift relief effort and courage and strength for those who are digging people out of the rubble and treating the injured.
    may God have mercy
  • May Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ help them and comfort them, may He guide them to His righteous path and give the Christians there the courage to follow Him and only Him. Amen.

GBU
  • Yeah, real sad :/
    May the Lord help them through this, especially all the children that are now left without parents or relatives.

(...i thought Haiti was mainly catholic...?)
  • I feel so sorry for the Haitians.
    Coming from a small Island, it is almost mind boggling to even imagine so many people dead. The image stays in my mind.
    I was praying about it and wondering about GODS plan and I came across a passage in 2 Maccabees 12:38-end. It is entitled Prayers for the Fallen. It talks about how men died in battle because they were wearing 'tokens' from idols which were forbidden them to wear and the leader made supplication and prayed for them and sent a sin offering to Jerusalem for them.
    I wondered do we still make such sin offerings or is CHRIST considered the sin offering we look to today in such a situation?

Lord have mercy