Psalm 42...

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi! I love psalm 42 so I wrote it as a poem. Please let me know what you think!

As the deer pants for the river waters
So my soul pants for you
Please accept my longing tears
As I pray with heart so true.

My soul before me pours out
My heart is lifted unto you
My spirit rejoices in your praise
Honor and glory O Lord is due

Why are you cast down, o my soul?
And are you disquieted within me?
Hope in the Lord your God
And fear from your heart will flee.

Though the world turns against me
And though nothing seems right
You prepare a path before me
You are my everlasting light

Thank you!

Comments

• Beautiful!
  • touching and beautiful
  • Thank you so so much!
  • that was great! Very soothing for the soul

God Bless You
  • Thanks Marina! I'm so happy you enjoyed it :D
  • Hi, I just finished making a video on YouTube with this poem!

Please let me know your honest opinions so I can fix/ tweak it a bit. I'm not a singer... plus I have a cold so I apologize that it doesn't sound too great. I also didn't put music with it because I wanted to wait until someone else sings it so it sounds better :) God willing, I want to have it done and ready before its first anniversary in May... so I need lots of input please!

Ps. Sorry about the ringing phone... I couldn't help it!

God Bless
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks... I'm glad you liked it!!
    :D
  • wow if that's ur voice with a cold,
    i can't imagine it being better
    all i can say is WOW
  • seriously? You liked it? you just made my day :D I was going to find someone else with a nicer voice to sing it.

Thank you!
  • lol as I wish there was a clap button... but sadly there isn't... I think the video is beautiful... the voice is phenomenal... and the song in general is heavenly!

but, why don't you try recording farther from the mic, with a louder voice... because at times I wasn't able to make out what was sung... lol... and was that a phone ringing in the background?! so maybe if you can stay in an isolated area...

but wow, still in the end I'm mind blown, good Job... may God bless your work, and be fruitful for His name!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • I love it, but i think these beautiful words deserve an original tune.
  • Thank you so so much! I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate your comments... and I never knew anyone would like my voice lol !

the_least, I did take your comments into consideration and spoke with a friend of mine who happens to be a musician. I think we can make this happen!! very exciting :D

Again, thank you all so much for your comments and kind words :D
  • Just out of curiosity... if we weren't able to compose music for this poem for whatever reason, does the tune I already used for it sound good? or should I try to find something else as Plan B?
  • i like it a lot : )

• Thanks, copticcross3! I'm so glad you liked it :D