Fr. Peter Farrington

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
I just read that Fr. Peter's youngest brother has passed away today on one of the posts and thought we should be all praying for him.

Pray that God gives patience and wisdom to him and his family to be able to deal with this tough loss. You are in all of our hearts and prayers.

Comments

• Our prayers is with you and your family Fr. Peter.  :'(

In Christ
    Theophilus
  • Dear Father Peter,

We present you and your family our sincere condolences may the Lord strengthen you with much patience and courage. May He grant your beloved reposed brother to rest in His peace. Amen.

GBU
  • May God repose his soul in the bossoms of our fathers Abraham, Isaak and Jakob in the Paradise of joy, and offer all his relatives and friends comfort and strength.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=8609.msg108612#msg108612 date=1261492516]
    May God repose his soul in the bossoms of our fathers Abraham, Isaak and Jakob in the Paradise of joy, and offer all his relatives and friends comfort and strength.

I'm really sad about this news.

Mabsoota, you know Fr. Peter better than us. How is he doing?

Thank you all for praying for this issue.

• Dear Father Peter,
    I am sure I may not be the best person to offer condolences to yourself, but I live in Newcastle, UK. Please let me know if there is anything I can do...
    May God help you and your family through this sad period, having faith that God has chosen a better place for your brother: may He listen to his prayers on our behalf now...
    His mercy endures forever...
    Yours,
    Fady
  • I am very grateful for all of your prayers.

The family is all gathered together and we are sad but not despairing. Your kindness is appreciated.

God bless you all

Father Peter
  • May the Lord grant you and your family patience and strength and comfort from the Holy Spirit...
  • My most sincere condolences, Father Peter. May the Lord grant you and your family strength and peace knowing that your brother is in a better place now.
  • My condolences, Fr. Peter. May God strengthen you and your family.
  • May the Holy Spirit comfort you and your family and may the Lord continue to bless your service
  • Our prayers and condolences to you and your family at this time of bereavement.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
  • Dearest Father,
    Whn i had two of my closet family members pass away within 3 months, a beloved friend of mine; a Russian Orthodox Deacon wrote a few words that i found to be so comforting. It is only fit to share it around and pray that God provides comfort for yourself and the family.

St. Theophan, in writing to the brother of a dying woman, says: "Your sister will not die; the body dies, but the personality of the dying one remains. It only goes over to another order of life. It is not she whom they will put in the grave. She is in another place. She will be just as alive as you are now. In the first hours and days she will be around you. Only she will not say anything, and you won't be able to see her; but she will be right here. Have this in mind."

Limitless & without consolation would have been our sorrow for close ones who are dying, if the Lord had not given us eternal life. Our life would be pointless if it ended with death. What benefit would there then be from virtue and good deed? Then they would be correct who say: "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!"

But man was created for immortality and by His resurrection Christ opened the gates of the Heavenly Kingdom, of eternal blessedness for those who have believed in Him and have lived righteously.

• Dear Father Peter,

I am very sorry for your loss! My condolences to you and your family! :'(
    We look forward to the Resurrection!!!
    GOD be with you
  • Do please continue to pray for my family.

I am conducting the funeral of my brother, David, tomorrow - Wednesday - at 11am.

God bless you all

Father Peter
  • we will continue to pray, you have been always in our thoughts. may God give you words of grace and healing.
  • I'm very sorry to hear about your loss Father Peter.
    The prayers of all the saints are with you and your family, God bless

Matthew
  • Dear brothers and sisters, may I thank you for your many prayers on behalf of my family.

I have not been able to post very much here over the last couple of weeks, but the funeral has now taken place and we are getting back into work and daily life, and I hope to pick up my pleasant membership of this forum.

Let me say that your prayers were completely answered and my family is in agreement that the day could not have been any more perfect. So many of my brother's friends had gathered, and many old friends from my days as an evangelical. The Church was filled with a great family of mourners.

I was so blessed to be able to serve my family as a priest, and take much of the responsibilities from my parent's shoulders. There were many tears on the day, but also much laughter and many smiles. We have committed my brother into God's merciful hands, and we have ourselves felt the grace and mercy of God working in our own lives.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers,

God bless you all

Father Peter
  • thank God for His mercies, which are new every morning.
    it is very good to hear you will be 'back' soon, we look forward to your words of wisdom as soon as you have time after all your other responsibilities.
    may God bless you and give you rest.
  • May God rest his soul in the paradise of eternal joy and give you and the dear parents comfort in this difficult moment.