Pope Kyrillos VI: Exam Prayer

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hi everyone,

I fear I may be a little late but I'd just like to share a little something with all those who are taking/have taken exams. There's a nice little prayer that was written by HH Pope Kyrillos VI for students sitting exams, and I'm not sure if it's been posted on these forums before. Sincere apologies if it has been, but just in case I've copied it into this post.

It's in English (I can't take any credit for the translation, that was done by someone else) but if anyone would like the Arabic I can post that as well.

Also, I stumbled upon this little site as well:

http://www.erkohet.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155:popekyrillosviintercessorofstudents&catid=22:subsmnufathersasaintsmenu&Itemid=17

I haven't looked through it properly, but any site that calls HH "the intercessor of students" must be worth a look at! There are so many accounts of Pope Kyrillos performing miracles for students, even in my own family. I might share some of these stories another time, or feel free to share them if you have any yourself!

"My Lord Jesus Christ,

I thank You for You have taught me to seek refuge in You, in times of need, when You said, Call upon Me in the day of your trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."

Now, oh Lord, I appeal to You to give me wisdom and understanding at this time of exams.

Give me grace to pass this test in peace. Grant me Your profound peace and blessing in the time that I am writing my test.

Lord Jesus, I ask of You to find favour in my teachers' eyes for You soften their hearts towards me as they mark my papers. Dear Lord, I am a sinner, and I have not pleased You or myself all year, but I ask You not to treat me according to my sins or the hardness of my heart, but according to Your mercy and sympathy.

Lord, You said, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." So, here I am, asking, and on the gate of Your mercy I am knocking. so, do not refuse my prayer, for you have said: "whoever comes to Me I will never drive away." Answer me, through the intercession of the Holy Virgin and all Your angels. Amen"

Again, sorry if this has all been posted before or if everyone already knows about all this, but I thought this would be really useful for students asking for prayers during their exam times.

May God give you every success and blessing according to your heart's desire,

Matthew

Comments

• Wauw, thank you LondonCopt, this prayer & tarteela is really nice, I love it!  :D
    Baba Kyrilos is thé saint to ask help for exams.
    I also have exams next week...have a lot to do,but my concentration is too low :(
    Pray 4 me, and rabena ma3ak! Merci again for this blessing.

GBU
  • Ok, I'm not going to read that, but I'll ask for his intercessions!  :o

have a lot to do,but my concentration is too low Sad

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  >:(  >:(  >:( wHAT AM I doing on this site? I have an exam after tomorrow, then another one the day after the day after the day after tomorrow!!! Pray for me please. And thank you.
  • Thank very much for posting this LondonCopt.  Are there any other particular prayers by St. Pope Kyrollos?  How about other prayers in the Coptic tradition for students and for those to use who pray for students?
  • May the Lord bless all of you who have exams at this time.

Make sure that you make time for God in your studies and revision. Make sure that you look after your bodies and minds and find time for refreshment. Give your studies over to God so that you are seeking his will, and not simply seeking success in the world's eyes.

May the Lord watch over you all and grant you earnestness in your studies, and faith and trust in our heavenly Father. May the Lord preserve you all from the twin perils of complacency and anxiety. Do your best and may the Lord grant you a just reward for your studies.

Father Peter
  • Thank you Fr. Peter God bless! Pray 4 us! [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=8683.msg109291#msg109291 date=1263506080]
    Ok, I'm not going to read that, but I'll ask for his intercessions!  :o

have a lot to do,but my concentration is too low Sad

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  >:(  >:(  >:( wHAT AM I doing on this site? I have an exam after tomorrow, then another one the day after the day after the day after tomorrow!!! Pray for me please. And thank you.

Rabena ma3ak ya sodr2, calm down and don't stress (like me), and God & Baba Kyrilos and St Mary
    will succeed you.

Succes everybody and remember me in your prayers!
  • [quote author=Joseph Vanden Brink link=topic=8683.msg109299#msg109299 date=1263507273]
    Thank very much for posting this LondonCopt.  Are there any other particular prayers by St. Pope Kyrollos?  How about other prayers in the Coptic tradition for students and for those to use who pray for students?

I know there are a few prayers in the written biographies of Pope Kyrillos, I'd have to dig them up though...give me some time on this one and I'll see if I can find anything in the books that I have. As for prayers for students, I don't think there are any in particular. There's a small litany in the Divine Liturgy where we pray that God gives success to students, but I'm not sure if there are any prayers particular to examinations. I think if we take Father Peter's words to heart and seek true success, then we needn't worry about exams.

And for anyone who's looking for some words of comfort, there's an article in the CopticHymns.net library by His Grace Bishop Moussa on getting through exams: http://www.coptichymns.net/module-library-viewpub-tid-1-pid-610.html

Matthew
  • So very true, and thank you yet again.  Please do pray for me, as I have a Commercial Pesticide exam in a few months and will need prayer for that. 

I also pray for highschool students doing finals in this season, as I remember the stresses of them and now realize the power of peoples' prayers for me at that time in my life.