Terribly mistake

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Try to arrange a meeting with your shool principal, go with your parents and explain the situation and see if there is anyway they will take you back. Maybe you can write a letter letting them know that you would really like to be part of the school again. If this doesn't work then just try to make the best of the situation that you are in.  You will make new friends with time and any change takes a while to adjust to, so try to be patient. It might not be that bad after all. Just focus on school and try to do your best, it's not like you will be there forever. 
  • Hi. I replied before, but I found something specific. They have NYC education regulations online. If you want to go to another education office, you can go to the Office of Student Enrollment, which can make the final determination about readmission to a high school. There is a "right of return" they can determine on an individual basis, it seems. I don't know if they only have authority over public schools, or even ones of audition.

It's just that students can only audition till the 9th grade for this specific school, so there is probably no one else that has taken a spot as a sophomore. (don't know about transfers) therefore, your seat is probably not occupied. If you really want to go back, then maybe you have to state your case in the right way to the board of the school or that of enrollment. Persistence helps, if you've already decided it would be better for you to go back. Here is the website for NYC education regulations.

http://docs.nycenet.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-11/A-101 Final.pdf 

Hope this helps.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=8618.msg108685#msg108685 date=1261776833]
    Hello all.

As a freshmen in High School, i attended a school called Frank Sinatra School of the arts. It is a school where you must have a talent to get into. I got in for Drawing. It was a pretty small High School, roughly 700 kids. Now, I am a sophomore, and I had transfered out to a regular school, called Cardozo High, where there are over 4000 kids.

I feel like it was a mistake becuase Sinatra was one of the best schools in New York, and Cardozo is just a regular zone school. The student headcount also bugs me, and I miss all of my other friends.

I go to sleep every night depressed, and I can't ever get over the stupid mistake I made leaving. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't ever forgive myself for doing it. I need your advice.

I feel that God has warned me numerous times not to transfer, and He prevented me from doing so multiple times. I just stupidly did so for no reason.
    AntoniousI can't go back becuaqse in order to get in, you need talent, and you can only audition during 8th or 9th grade. I'm in 10th grade now, and they won't let me.

My friends are starting a petition to get the principal to let me back in, but I highly doubt it will work.

I ABSOLUTELY JUST CANT GET OVER IT, I DONT KNOW WHY!

PS: I did post the same thing in "non orthodox Inquiries", i just need to help really bad. If it is against the rules, i apologize.

OK.. look my friend: did you pray before transferring to Cardozo High?

If you feel it was the wrong choice - I would seriously pray about this.