I can't read the BIBLE

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
well, i can read it, but it is so boring. I used to be so addicted to reading it but now i feel like  it is just a waste of time. I know it isn't but i feel like i have to force myself to read it and most of the time i just fall asleep. I would really appreciate if somebody had any advice on this.

Pray for me

Comments

• maybe you can read spiritual books which will help you

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths

also the bible is not supposed to be boring.. don't think this will have to last for long

• Just try to read interesting parts of the bible. There are beyond many interesting things especially in the New Testament. And when you read, try to think about what you are reading, and you don't have to read a lot. Try to absorb in the words as you read them. You also need to read it a little earlier in the day if there is a chance you could fall asleep. Just like David said in Psalm 131,

[center]“I will not go into the dwelling of my house, or go up to the bed of my couch; I will not give sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids, nor rest to my temples, until I find a place for the Lord, and a dwelling place for the God of Jacob."[/center]

[move]Thank You, and God bless you! ;) [/move]
  • thank you guys so much this is really going to help
  • No problem.