Head Coverings

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I have a question. Headcoverings. A deacon told me I should wear a head covering while praying at home. I know in 1 Corinthians 11 it states otherwise. Can someone help me, are these rules different for deacons?

Comments

• Ioannes, all I remember right away for this q is that being a deacon is a rank of priesthood.

GBU
  • Deacon as a priesthood starts from sub deacon level (Abodeacon) as you become a Deacon you are to be devoted to the church. Obsaltos (singer of hymns) and Oghnostos (reader) are not from the priesthood level. and to answer the question, as ioannes said according to 1 corinthean you do not need a head cover
  • Thanks guys. I am only a reader deacon at this point and I think I am disqualified from being anything more because I have manic depressive disorder. Which sucks because I would like to be a full deacon or something like that.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=8471.msg107568#msg107568 date=1257550068]
    Thanks guys. I am only a reader deacon at this point and I think I am disqualified from being anything more because I have manic depressive disorder. Which sucks because I would like to be a full deacon or something like that.

Ioannes
    I like many of yr comments in this site. I just want to mention one thing on what you said that u r manic depressive and disqualified. I am sure u know what i will say but let me highlight it. Many of the saints had physical disability Like saint Dedimous the blind who was the head of the school of Alexandria at one time. St Paul himself had a thorn in the flesh too. Timothy the desciple of St paul had a stomach problem.....etc  on  the otherhand manic depression has lots of treatment, like lithium and now they call it bipolar I wish u the best and am sure yr doctors are following with u
    God bless
  • Copticmark, thank you for your wonderful blessings. I do realize many saints had disabilities, unfortunately mine is a mental disability, which means I will rely one medecine my whole life. So I cannot guide a flock when I have to worry about myself. It would be unfair to the people, whom I would be responsible for. I am not sure as to how high I can rise in the ranks of deacon but I am happy with what I have right now. Again I thank you for your kind words.