I need prayer please

edited October 2009 in Prayer Requests
Hi, my name is andrew and i have just started my final year of high school and i am really perplexed. i feel like a failure :'(. so, what i need is for everyone who browses theses forums, to pray for me so that i can one day i can be successful in life. May God bless all those who pray for me :)

Comments

• May the Lord grant you success in your studies and your life. Amen.

Keep your efforts in studying, regulate your time as much as you can and persevere.
    GBU
  • God be with you habibi and bless you. Study hard and keep praying all the time.
    And please try to take that "failure" idea out of your head :)

"Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
    May God choose the right path for you.
  • Andrew, I do not even know you yet I know you are not a failure, because no one in God's eyes is a failure. But what is it that makes you think you are a failure? Answering this question can help everyone here give you advice and pray for you.

Rabina Ma3ak
  • god bless you. i too am feeling the pressures of school and failure. i will keep you in my prayers, please keep me in yours.

god bless :)

chris
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=8436.msg107451#msg107451 date=1256937883]
    Andrew, I do not even know you yet I know you are not a failure, because no one in God's eyes is a failure. But what is it that makes you think you are a failure? Answering this question can help everyone here give you advice and pray for you.

Rabina Ma3ak

well, school is getting tougher and i failed a exam that didn't count towards anything but i guess it lowered my self-esteem and that is why i feel like a failure. got exams soon and i am thinking that i am going to fail these up coming exams regardless of how hard i study or pray :-[
  • [quote author=Adomad link=topic=8436.msg107577#msg107577 date=1257588859]
    well, school is getting tougher and i failed a exam that didn't count towards anything but i guess it lowered my self-esteem and that is why i feel like a failure. got exams soon and i am thinking that i am going to fail these up coming exams regardless of how hard i study or pray :-[

Adomad, I know how you feel. No one likes to fail. But let me ask you something, and please answer honestly. Or at least think about it and be honest with yourself...Did you actually study for that exam and put your best effort into it? Maybe you didn't do so well because you did not study enough or because the test was too hard??

When something happens, try not to automatically think "I'm a failure", but first ask yourself why you did not do as well as you'd like. And find unbiased reasons for it. For example,
    "Did I fail that exam because I am a failure and can't do anything?"...Well obviously not, if you made it this far in school and in life.
    "Could it be that I did not study as hard as I should have?"...Possibly.
    "Was the exam a bit difficult?"...Maybe, and other people probably failed as well.

And in the end, you do your best and God will do the rest. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

I wish you all the best :)
  • these encouraging comments are very true. God cares for you more than you can imagine or dream of and he can turn your 'dust' into His 'dreams', that is he will carry out His plans for you. read phillipians.
    i failed my 1st ever surgical exam at med school, now i have post-grad diploma in it!
      ;)
  • [quote author=jesusmystrength link=topic=8436.msg107579#msg107579 date=1257605868]
    Adomad, I know how you feel. No one likes to fail. But let me ask you something, and please answer honestly. Or at least think about it and be honest with yourself...Did you actually study for that exam and put your best effort into it? Maybe you didn't do so well because you did not study enough or because the test was too hard??

And in the end, you do your best and God will do the rest. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

I wish you all the best :)

I did study for it but i was stressed as the teacher said that he will kick people who preform poorly out of the class. in the end, he didn't kick anyone out.

thanks for the verse, i guess i relied on myself for that exam

these encouraging comments are very true. God cares for you more than you can imagine or dream of and he can turn your 'dust' into His 'dreams', that is he will carry out His plans for you. read phillipians.
    i failed my 1st ever surgical exam at med school, now i have post-grad diploma in it!

Thanks guys, i do really feel a bit better knowing that God is there for me and as mabsoota said, "He can turn your 'dust' into His 'dreams'"