HYMN COMPETITION '09

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
So who's coming to lose to us this year :)

Comments

• it depends staten has a chance this year weve prepared well and last years participants are coming back. They won it all last year!!
  • sorry, it's St.Mary's (Baltimore's) year! i can feel it :D
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106462#msg106462 date=1253734248]
    sorry, it's St.Mary's (Baltimore's) year! i can feel it :D

hahaha...you're dreamin
  • mina we're totally beast... but no body knows yet lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=jibrahim23 link=topic=8359.msg106468#msg106468 date=1253737243]
    [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106460#msg106460 date=1253732517]
    So who's coming to lose to us this year :)
    Sure Sure whatever!
    East Brusnwick, NJ is coming to win! And we won the Philly Competition.

AHHH!! my goal in life is to beat east Brunswick in ANYTHING! lol
    and it'll be accomplished this sunday :D
  • Forgive me

Hymn competition? What is this? Hymns are meant to praise God and isn't kind of inappropriate to turn hymn singing into a game? Sorry, I'm just a little puzzled by this.
  • [quote author=andrew21091 link=topic=8359.msg106470#msg106470 date=1253746120]
    Forgive me

Hymn competition? What is this? Hymns are meant to praise God and isn't kind of inappropriate to turn hymn singing into a game? Sorry, I'm just a little puzzled by this.

Ya of course, but this hymn competition gives younger kids who have no interest in hymns a reason to learn
    and for the older people it introduces us to new hymns so that we can learn them and praise god. (and beat east Brunswick)
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106472#msg106472 date=1253747358]
    [quote author=andrew21091 link=topic=8359.msg106470#msg106470 date=1253746120]
    Forgive me

Ya of course, but this hymn competition gives younger kids who have no interest in hymns a reason to learn
    and for the older people it introduces us to new hymns so that we can learn them and praise god. (and beat east Brunswick)

Ah, I see
  • OK HOOOLLLLDDDD ONN HERe this is danny girgis guys lol from staten we won last year were coming in for the kill again this year ite and in regards to the philyl compeition THAT WAS THE WORST JUDGED COMPETITON IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. half the judges spoke no english, our judges were picking there noses while we were speaking and honestly the competition wasnt fair so that doesnt even count and again STAten is going for it this year
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=8359.msg106463#msg106463 date=1253734372]
    [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106462#msg106462 date=1253734248]
    sorry, it's St.Mary's (Baltimore's) year! i can feel it :D

hahaha...you're dreamin

hey i agree with minagir...

YOU'RE ALL DREAMIN!!!

Westside is going to win this year!!
  • where is this competition?
  • HAHA Abounb you're the funniest kid ever.

And yea just so you know, we're going to win this year :)

St. Mary's Baltimore, you wait and see!

Pray for us!
  • is canada in this??
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=8359.msg106487#msg106487 date=1253766507]
    HAHA Abounb you're the funniest kid ever.

Pray for us!

Ya, our awesomeness is so awesome that they cant comprehend it!
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106498#msg106498 date=1253820525]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=8359.msg106487#msg106487 date=1253766507]
    HAHA Abounb you're the funniest kid ever.

Pray for us!

Ya, our awesomeness is so awesome that they cant comprehend it!

hahaha.....

BTW, it is postponed becuase of HH's arrival this saturday to Ceder grove.
  • Yes the competition is postponed i will update everyone when the dates come out
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=8359.msg106500#msg106500 date=1253824677]
    Yes the competition is postponed i will update everyone when the dates come out

So it wont be this Saturday? (26th?)
  • Have emails been sent to the Coordinators? They really can't just push dates the day before. Why can't things be organized. Just because we're Egyptian doesn't mean things shouldn't be done professionally. People have taken off of work, vans have been rented and all arrangements have been made for dates. All of this now will have to be repeated? It seems like every year, its less organized, like last year when the judging priests arrived at 7 PM on a Sunday Evening instead of 2 in the afternoon.

Please at least send emails, so that we know this news is final.

May God's will be done, and that things can be straightened out.
  • No tishori habibi
    emails have been sent to the coordinators and the pope is coming there really isnt much we can doo and actually this year will be an amazing compeition. ABouna and the servants have put much effort into organizing it. and as of now no it will not be on saturday but i will let everyone know when it is
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=8359.msg106504#msg106504 date=1253829246]
    Have emails been sent to the Coordinators? They really can't just push dates the day before. Why can't things be organized. Just because we're Egyptian doesn't mean things shouldn't be done professionally. People have taken off of work, vans have been rented and all arrangements have been made for dates. All of this now will have to be repeated? It seems like every year, its less organized, like last year when the judging priests arrived at 7 PM on a Sunday Evening instead of 2 in the afternoon.

Please at least send emails, so that we know this news is final.

May God's will be done, and that things can be straightened out.

I know right! Some people even got really expensive haircuts! My weekend is ruined :(
  • ok christ-rose habibi,
    i'm the coordinator from st. Mary's in baltimore, and i havent gotten any emails from daniel bolous or uncle sameh.
    and we are one of the farthest churches competing, and coincidentally i was updated by randomly finding this forum. Sorry if my last post seemed really upset, but this competition always has an ongoing trend of disorganization. if you could forward me this email to [email protected] that would be great.

Thanks and God Bless
  • is canada in thissssssssssssssssssss??
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=8359.msg106509#msg106509 date=1253832528]
    is canada in thissssssssssssssssssss??

No, its for the churches in the US on the east coast
  • Tishori i would like to inform u that danny boulos is not in new york at the time and tahts why u have not gotten an email and uncle sameh was informed today and u should be recieving an email today or tomorrow yes its short notice but theres nothing we can do so im sorry.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=jibrahim23 link=topic=8359.msg106536#msg106536 date=1253910368]
    Alright whatever you guys say..
    You're all dreamin!
    EB took its crown at Philly Competition and we're gonna win the hymn competition!

EAST BRUNSWICK SMELLS FUNNY!
  • Nope all of u guys are dreaming espicially you danny
    Bergen is gonna win like every year cuz im gonna be in there
    Oh it is postponed from Today to next week and testing is the folllowing week and the payment is five dollars
  • there is allota dreaming going on in this topic  O_O
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8359.msg106568#msg106568 date=1253989771]
    there is allota dreaming going on in this topic  O_O

well this is the only way you can give hope for all the churches other than westside, to think they can win.

for who ever spoke about Bergen, one sentence for you "it's quality that matters not quantity." Go and see who wan Chorus last year and year before.