Agpeya

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Do any of you know where to buy a copy of the Agpeya produced by Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church of Connecticut?  Orthodoxbookstore.org is out of stock for the item http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/theagpeya-copticprayerbookofthesevenhours.aspx

And the bookstore at Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church only sell in bulk.  I would like this copy specifically because it is a "pocket size" and is in both English and Arabic.

Comments

• You might want to look on agape.com
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=8337.msg106344#msg106344 date=1253152954]
    You might want to look on agape.com

The site above is a site about Christianity with articles for reading on various Christian subjects and doctrines.  ???
  • Most Coptic Churches [ones with an actual building] have bookstores, that sell them.
    If you have one in your area, you could just drop by and pick one up.
  • my bad i meant

agape-bookstore.com
  • Speaking of the Agpeya, I feel uneasy when I always get to Pslams 136 :9 (137:9) that goes  ;"Happy the one who takes and dashes ,Your little ones against the rock"

The context of the whole psalm is about suffering in babylonian captivity. As result, it appears as if the verse is longing for revenge. But it gets confusing when the Psalmist  blesses someone who would also kill children in the process. Killing children for whatever reasons is never OK. I do not know of any exceptions. Although ,this does not reconcile with the Lord's command "Vengeance is mine",I do not know how to interpret it. I believe there is a hidden interpretation there.Does anyone know?
  • actually its not really that "pocket size" haha...but you can still carry it around but if you give me you send me your address and all that info i can see what i can do for you....im from the CT church
  • Abouna Abraham at Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church of Connecticut has offered to send me a copy.  One thing I have learned from my brief interaction from Coptic Orthodox Christians is their kindness and generosity.  For someone outside of the Coptic Church, it reflects well the statement by Jesus that the world will know them by their love for the brothers.  So far in my inquiries into the Coptic Church, coming from a Protestant background, I have only met kind and sincere people offering insight and help when asked.

• [quote author=JustinWilliams link=topic=8337.msg106343#msg106343 date=1253152835]
    And the bookstore at Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church only sell in bulk.  I would like this copy specifically because it is a "pocket size" and is in both English and Arabic.

The Agpeya I own is pretty compact size. You wouldn't really be able to fit it in a regular pocket but it is pretty small (4" x 5"). It is the one from St. Antonius Church in San Francisco. I don't know how it compares to others since it's the only one I've ever seen.