The Mechanics of Prayer

Hi,

Can someone explain to me the mechanics of Prayer. How does it work?

How is it you say something, and God hears you?

What exactly happens? Do angels pass on the message - or does God hear you directly?

How does God hear you? How do angels or saints hear you??

Do they only hear us when we pray or do they hear us when we're watching TV, or playing football?

Thanks

Comments

• Hey,

In my opinion, since God is everywhere even on the air we breath, so he is near you when you pray. He listens to you, he watches you every single second. This pictures shows me how is the scene while praying.

Thanks and Glory be to the Lord.
  • Going along with what PaNo5 said, being that God is omnipresent, He always sees us and hears us--when we're praying, sleeping, studying, working, walking down the street, etc.
    I think that answers most of your questions.

About the saints and angels, they are not omnipresent as God is. However, I think I recall a priest one time saying that they can move very fast, like at the speed of light or something. Like when you ask for the intercessions of a saint in particular, I'm sure they hear you...eventually. I don't know more than this and I won't make up anything so-- I hope this helps a bit.
  • When you pray, God quiets all the angels to listen to you =]
  • but if He quieted all the angels then that would mean that they praise him silently?
  • haha idk...it was something i always heard when i was a kid
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.