Hos Erof

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Can somebody please tell me of a place where it teaches you the hymn hos erof in the third hoos before aripsalin? Thanks in advance.

Pray for me,
Michael

Comments

• It's really easy to learn if you just attend tasbeha regularly.
  • He wouldn't learn this hymn just by attending tasbeha regularly, The hymn is only said during Kiahk midnight praise as well as lent. You can try www.copticheritage.org and check their lessons
  • Someone was calling for me? ;D :P

Do you mean the actual hymn Hos Erof that is chanted inbetween Esmou Epchois and Arihou-o, or are you confused with arihou-o?? Cause this latter hymn is often named Hos Erof while Hos Erof is actually a hymn on its own. It's about 7 minutes and is rarely chanted for some reason. It's really beautifull, but rather unknown among most people, while Arihou-o is really populair and also easier to learn.
  • just a small correction: the hymn is annual. I am guessing that, since kiahk praises are meant to last over night, it sometimes is said.

God bless
    tony
  • I mean the "hos erof" right before "ari hoo chasf" and "Aripsalin". Sorry to confuse everybody.

Pray for me,
    Michael
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=7798.msg101540#msg101540 date=1238913311]
    just a small correction: the hymn is annual. I am guessing that, since kiahk praises are meant to last over night, it sometimes is said.

God bless
    tony

that's just an opinion....not that i disagree with it. same goes for tenen.
  • If you're comfortable using hazzat, then you can go to http://www.hazzat.com since it has hazzat for this hymn.
  • just a suggestion that helped me in learning hos erof, the first part is similar to tenen but then goes of for like 2 minutes of hazzats that are special for this hymn and All El Asr, then goes into like a 2 minutes of "ry" from Taishori elhazany then switches into the hazzats of "anok" from anok pe pi koji (psalm 151 chanted during Bright Saturday) then continues with hazzats from earlier in the hymn of anok pe pi koji then concludes with a little tentheno the long one and just a few hazzats and its done...i know it looks confusing but trust me its one of the easiest hymns and the most beautiful to learn and understand because there is theology in that hymn
  • http://copticwave.com/adam/adamgad4.htm Thats the link for lessons from Cantor Gad Lewis. I have a lot of other lessons if anyone needs any let me know
  • and in my church we say it a lot lol so he would learn it from attending regularly lol
  • i haven't learned that hymn yet, but generally you don't always need a ma3allem to teach you, you can just get the audio file and learn it yourself.

A trick that i use is using an audio editing software. and with that you can place the bar at a certain spot and then play it for a certain period of time and then just press space twice (stop and then play) and it will start where you had the bar originally and you can keep doing this so as to learn the hymn part by part just like a mu3allam would teach you.

i actually find this more beneficial than a mu3allem sometimes because i can keep going over the parts that don't stick in easily as many times as i want until they do stick in.

pray for me

• actually, there is a software developped by somebody at my Church... you can guess what its called: HYMN TEACHER
    it basically places 2 markers in the Lahn, and it can repeat this area, and you can cut many parts out like this.... and it also has its own text library for Alhan...
  • where can i get this?

God Bless You
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=7798.msg104213#msg104213 date=1245640004]
    where can i get this?

from this site http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/alhan/
    under download section then programs.
    but this site is Arabic.
    if you can not just PM me and I will send it to you direct.
    N.B. I did this program, waiting for your comment.
  • this link brought me to a blank window that had this written in it:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/alhan/forum/common.asp, line 222

so i tried to go to the home page and look for alhan but i couldn't find it
  • The link is working now.
  • i get the same thing...is it just me? or what?
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=7798.msg104266#msg104266 date=1245871102]
    i get the same thing...is it just me? or what?

the site is just down for now....i hope!!
  • The site is working fine now ;D
  • what is the right font to view this...i am getting weird things
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=7798.msg104304#msg104304 date=1245992939]
    what is the right font to view this...i am getting weird things

Arabic Windows-1256
  • [quote author=elfarfamily link=topic=7798.msg104161#msg104161 date=1245360046]
    ...i know it looks confusing but trust me its one of the easiest hymns and the most beautiful to learn and understand because there is theology in that hymn

elfarfamily, can you please elaborate on the theology in the hymn?  I'd love to know more.

Thanks in advance!