English Asomen

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, at my church we are all on diff levels when it comes to the english asomen, our head deacon says it one way, i say it one way and my old alhan teacher (who recently moved) said it another way.....i am trying to unify the english in my church, but in order to do that i have to have a source we all agree on does anyone have a purly english version of asomen?

Thanks
God Bless

Comments

• [quote author=Christrules link=topic=8092.msg103932#msg103932 date=1244502788]
    Hey guys, at my church we are all on diff levels when it comes to the english asomen, our head deacon says it one way, i say it one way and my old alhan teacher (who recently moved) said it another way.....i am trying to unify the english in my church, but in order to do that i have to have a source we all agree on does anyone have a purly english version of asomen?

Thanks
    God Bless

in my church, we being saying it in the english that is here: http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1099
    we been doing this for LONG and every year will keep doing it that way. also that is the way we recorded for the SI alhan competition, being the Seraphim Chorus. this is NOT the same as the translation of the Southern diocese that you can find in the 2nd edition of the liturgy book; even thought surprisingly, it's close.
  • Mina,
    i am pretty sure Christrules wanted AUDIO, the text is not of concern at the moment, although it is very helpful...  is the recording that you mentioned available?

thanks
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=8092.msg103948#msg103948 date=1244518875]
    Mina,
    i am pretty sure Christrules wanted AUDIO, the text is not of concern at the moment, although it is very helpful...  is the recording that you mentioned available?

thanks

hehe.....the recording would NOT be there without a text. i'll record next weeks and upload it
  • that would be greatly appreciated thank you sooo much

God Bless Pray for me
  • what happened to the recording?