New here, well sort of.......

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Greetings all,

I just thought I'd give a quick intro here.....I'm new here, sort of! I've actually been an on and off lurker for a LONG time, but have been more "off" than on for some time. However I seem to have the need to talk with Copts about the Coptic Church on ocassion so I hope to be posting here in the future. I'm a convert to Eastern Orthodoxy, but my first intro to Orthodoxy was the Coptic Church and Oriental Orthodoxy, and in all truth, if there had been an OO anywhere near me, I would probably be in the Coptic Church to this day. But that was not to be, however I still have a love for OO and especially the Coptic Church, and it's spirituality which is quite a bit more practical than some EO spirituality. (I'm not knocking my own tradition, it's just a little more philosophical which makes it harder to grasp at times)

Anyways, that's all and have a good day!

Comments

• WELCOME!!! GLAD U JOINED!!!
  • welcome north star!
    which saint is in your icon?
    mine's st matthias, i like the way he was given a great work to do by God almost unexpectedly.
  • :D WELCOME! ;D
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8052.msg103609#msg103609 date=1243634418]
    welcome north star!
    which saint is in your icon?
    mine's st matthias, i like the way he was given a great work to do by God almost unexpectedly.

It's Saint Thomas the Apostle, because, well that's my chrismation name. :) He's been a big encouragement and help to me over the years because like him I have a skeptical mind, and definitely need his intercessions.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

• WELCOME!!
  • Northstar, nice post.... I'm glad you shared your thoughts and you are always welcomed :)

I believe that God accepts all believers of Jesus Christ no matter what church they belong to or what sacraments they practice.
    We are all members in ONE body: the body of Christ.
  • welcome

hope that you benefit form this forum