Aithiesm: What are your thoughts?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• hi, an interesting topic.
    i think a lot of people just believe what they are brought up with and don't ask too many questions. that includes athiests plus lots of people from other religions.
    i don't think athiests are more closed-minded than anyone else, they just believe everything they hear in the media about science disproving God and keep themselves busy with sport, tv, computers, cars, shopping etc etc so there is no time for those questions about the meaning of life to come to the surface.
    in china they keep people very busy with work and serving the state, specifically so they won't think for themselves.
    but in china, like in other countries, people are turning to God in large numbers. (the number of Christians in china is growing faster than anywhere else in the world)
    so what we have to do is to help people to ask difficult questions about why they are here and how they can have peace, and give them the answers from the Bible.
    if anyone asks a difficult question about Christian beliefs, you can ask someone here, we like these questions!
    we will pray for you to have wisdom in your class and the peace of God in your life
    :)
  • I think the main problem is that people are taught different religions that have no prove to them at all, and they are taught the wrong things about christianity, whether its history, philosophical or what not.  Then in schools people are taught that evolution is fact instead of it being a theory.  They are taught of the history of violence in religions and then they come to the conclusion that all religions are the same, that they are man-made, and that science is the solution to everything.  But if these people are taught the right things then they would see a difference.  You would be surprised of how many people that I met who know next to nothing about church history, besides the crusades and the inquisition.