Class Rings

edited April 2009 in Youth Corner
So i'm ordering a class ring and on one of the sides i have a cross on one side but Kyrie Eleison is too long to add to it. so any other ideas for what to add to it?

10 letter max

Comments

• hello Abanoub!
    Here is two I thought of
    wwjd
    you saved us

Please pray 4 me
  • If they have greek letters maybe "ΙΧΘΥΣ" (Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ = Jesus Christ, God's Son is Savior).

George
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=7889.msg102373#msg102373 date=1240957576]
    So i'm ordering a class ring and on one of the sides i have a cross on one side but Kyrie Eleison is too long to add to it. so any other ideas for what to add to it?

10 letter max

just put your name ya habibi. God is in your heart and can be seen IN YOU by your actions.....not by something that you were and that you can easily lose or take of and put on.
  • hey, i like wwjd... or you can add Believe
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=7889.msg102379#msg102379 date=1240962283]
    [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=7889.msg102373#msg102373 date=1240957576]

10 letter max

just put your name ya habibi. God is in your heart and can be seen IN YOU by your actions.....not by something that you were and that you can easily lose or take of and put on.

Name is on the other side :D

and I'm really considering PACHOIS
  • I'd go for ixthus, it's been the secret code of christians since the early church ;)
  • Theres also: ICXC NIKA a Christogram which means Jesus Christ Conquers.
  • how about Alleluia?
    its one word but its full of praise

God bless!
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=7889.msg102418#msg102418 date=1241042562]
    I'd go for ixthus, it's been the secret code of christians since the early church ;)

can you explain that?
  • Yah, well like George pointed out "ΙΧΘΥΣ" stands for (Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ = Jesus Christ, God's Son is Savior). Christians in the early times before the Edict of Milan (when Christianity was illegal if you will) used to meet in secret and pray in hidden places. So in order to know who was and who wasn't christian, they would use this sign of the fish in order to identify eachother. Safe and easy!
  • You can pick one of your favorite Bible verses

eg. John 3:16
        Psalm 27:1

Ofcourse the limit of 10 letters max excludes a lot of the books of the Bible.
  • Just plain "3:16" isn't all that bad either.  I'm pretty sure any Christian would recognize that it stands for John 3:16 but it's still kind of encoded the sam way "ΙΧΘΥΣ" is.

George
  • If you really wanted Kyrie Eleyson, then why not just shorten it to Eleyson or Have Mercy?
    Or something very simple like AMEN? Pick something very meaningful to you.
  • God Is Love !

...i saw that everything else has been said..haha..wait has that been said too?? if so, i'm sorry. haha.
  • U could put INRI which are the letters above the cross meaning "Iesus Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm" or "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews"
  • FROG -- Fully Rely On God
    PUSH-- Pray Until Something Happens
    WWJD -- What Would Jesus Do (i know its been said) :)

Isos
    Pensotir
    Pachois
    (Name of your Fav lahn) mine would be Asomen
    name of fav saint -- mine would be kyrollos

hope this helps
  • i agree with minagir

+mahraeel+
  • Ph4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • how bout':
    God Loves Me
    your initials
    Holy Spirit
  • Know that you probly ordered ur ring already but Just wanted to say the best thing u could ever put is

HOS EROF
  • id say go for pachois or alleluia, a couple more you could do are hos erof or pennoti or try and make coptic like Icwc IIxc or something