"Very Early Sunday Morning" Audio

2»

Comments

• Matthew 28:1-4
    Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

So they were awake and they were afraid.

In St. Mark’s, St. Luke’s, and St. John’s, it doesn’t say anything about the guards.
  • so i was correct,the guards didn`t see the resurrection ,they were still asleep.then the angel came and moved the stone and the guards wake then and saw him (the angel).so the text is not wrong  ;)
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=3617.msg71084#msg71084 date=1179516766]
    so i was correct,the guards didn`t see the resurrection ,they were still asleep.then the angel came and moved the stone and the guards wake then and saw him (the angel).so the text is not wrong  ;)

what do you mean. they were there after the angel moved the stone. that means they were awake if they saw the angel and became afraid of him.
  • Minagir is correct, the guards were awake and they became afraid of the angel and of what just happened.
  • wait guys,i think u misunderstood me.here is what i meant ....

the angel came and moved the stone after the resurrection not at the same time.so what i say is that when jesus have risen the guards were sleeping,and by the time the angel came and the great earthquake happened the guards wake up and saw his countenance like lightning and his clothing as white as snow so they shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

back to the song`s words:

[quote author=minagir link=topic=3617.msg71023#msg71023 date=1179435635]
    [quote author=billious link=topic=3617.msg70979#msg70979 date=1179317754]
    Very early Sunday morning,
    While the guards were still asleep,
    Our Lord arose declaring,
    His promise he did keep (x2).

just foudn out that saying, "While the guards were still asleep," counterdicts with the communion madeha because they say, "the angel rolled the stone when the guards were wide awake."

i see that the words are correct and don`t counterdict with the communion madeha.

hope i made it clear  :-\
  • Dear all,
    Strongly agree with shnoda. I don't think anyone has got another opinion; do you?
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=3617.msg71155#msg71155 date=1179657473]
    wait guys,i think u misunderstood me.here is what i meant ....

the angel came and moved the stone after the resurrection not at the same time.so what i say is that when jesus have risen the guards were sleeping,and by the time the angel came and the great earthquake happened the guards wake up and saw his countenance like lightning and his clothing as white as snow so they shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

so how did Christ come out of the tomb if the stone wason the tomb. yes i know He can and have the power. but he could of moved the rock to. the  thing is that the gospels don't show farther info.
  • there was no need to move the rock,as u said mina,our lord jesus can go through closed places and through rocks but the angel moved it away so that everyone would see the empty tomb and know that jesus christ have risen.
    ref: a book about resurrection by HH Pope Shenoua
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=3617.msg71288#msg71288 date=1179913414]
    there was no need to move the rock,as u said mina,our lord jesus can go through closed places and through rocks but the angel moved it away so that everyone would see the empty tomb and know that jesus christ have risen.
    ref: a book about resurrection by HH Pope Shenoua

well if it says that in HH book... than it's correct. can you cite that part of the book thoo?
  • does any one have very early sunday morning in arabic and with the lyrics

• [move][/move]Nice, but could be better