How to learn hymns

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
How do people learn hymns off the computer. I tried but it is really difficult. Can somebody please reply.

Pray For me,
Michael

Comments

• Hey Mike, it takes a lot of patience, but what I do is sit here, and relisten to the song over and over through my headset til it sticks in my head. When no one is at home, I turn on the speakers and try to sing along to the hymn, part by part til I can get it down on my own. Try that, maybe it'll help. God bless!
  • There is coptichazzats.com if you are the kind of person that learns hymns with hazzats but you need to install the hazzat font and the coptic font to view it also if you are the kind of person that likes a teacher teaching you can go to copticheritage.org and they have recordings of a deacon (i know what his name is just can't think of it right now lol) who teaches this choir the hymns and its your typical alhan class the deacon says something everyone else repeats after him and all that
  • sorry this is more than a year late..
    There is online hymn classes on this website. I dont know if that will be helpful but here is the link: http://www.copticheritage.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Classes&file=index

Enjoy! :)
  • THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PerfectSinner that is a great website

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • [quote author=yousiegtennis link=topic=7684.msg113205#msg113205 date=1271186210]
    i listened to tenen literally almost a thousand times until i memorized it.  you have to listen and listen and listen and practice and listen again!  :)

what she said.. repetition is key.

[quote author=geomike link=topic=7684.msg113215#msg113215 date=1271199765]
    PerfectSinner that is a great website

Yeah, its very nice. I learned from there almost all the hymns I learned on my own along with a couple of other sources. The rest I learned from my church mllm.

Hymns are za best!  ;D