Please advice me and not Judge me

edited February 2009 in Personal Issues
I have a lot of fear in me from the world and this makes me negatively think about everything. Every where I go, I keep asking myself what if something bad happens...I think I got this fear from all the bad stories that I hear taking place in the world. especially, the things that happen to Christians in Egypt. Does that mean that I am weak in faith? please advice me on what I should do and as well as pray for me. Thanks.

Comments

• "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life...Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?.......Sufficient for the day is its own trouble"
    A quote from his grace Pope Kyrollos, "Be strong and of good courage. Trust in the Lord and He will save you...Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and depend not on your own understand . Come to him with thankfulness.

Servant of God
    First, i can kinda relate. see, about a year ago i got injured pretty badly from doing something risky, and then after i got better, i began to think of all the hazards of every little thing i did. i even worried while i was simply standing at the bus stop!
    second, I myself am the weakest of weak! i have moments when i am soooo pessimistic and fearful, butttt, i find that after i read an uplifting story in the bible of God's will for us, i I feet a bit more reassured. You and me both(especially me) have to stop worrying and start putting our trust in the Lord. We gotta let him take the wheel ! oo and spending a lot of time at church really helps since you are imbursed in positve energy.
    and about the negative thinking, yeah you know, the world isn't that great, but it seems to me like we both need some Hope! hope that the Lord will keep his hand in our lives and pull us closer to him :)
    And, as many as there are bad stories out there, there are good ones! There are a ton of uplifting miraculous stories about chirstians in egypt.  and hey, not to be a downer, but anything can happen to anyone at any time. somebody can just all of a sudden pass away for no reason visible. whats the point of ripping ourselves apart worrying about the world? I try to reasure myself that God is standing right there beside me, whether it be a bus stop lol, or at school or wherever. I think you'll find its really hard to think negatively about anything when you close your eyes and imagine God standing beside you, holding your hand.
    and one more thing,
    Smile, Jesus Loves You!! hehe, sorry, i couldnt resist :)
    I hope this sorta helped you? Your in my prayers
    God Bless
  • "...But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I like how the first thing on the list is the cowardly... fear is a sin, and its a big way the devil will work to make us fall! there is a story of abouna mata el meskeen... when he chose to become a hermit... he went into the desert and looked for a cave, he found a comfortable place where he can spend all of his time to please God, and be in full worship! but at night the devil would fight him by a coyote that would come and keep scratching on the door... so he would pray... but he would be in fear! so he thought to himself a person that is under the arms of the Almighty God cant be scared... cant be a coward... because its a sin to be scared... so he said God your will be done... protect me... and waited for that coyote, and when it came that night, abouna mata took a cup of water and prayed on it... and opened the door, and sprayed the coyote... and through God's love the coyote never came again!

so put the trust in God... and God will take care of you!!!

Akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • HERE WE GO AGAIN! WITH OTHER PEOPLE POSTING VERSES FROM THE BIBLE ABOUT HOW GOD IS WITH HIM! IM THINK IM POSITIVE THAT HE KNOWS HE HAS STRONG FAITH! ITS FUNNY NON OF YOU ANSWERED HIS QUESTION..
  • Christianlover why are you so mad? The Bible is the best way to answer questions and actually the question was:
    [quote author=ServentofGod link=topic=7639.msg100249#msg100249 date=1234575405]
    Does that mean that I am weak in faith? please advice me on what I should do and as well as pray for me. Thanks.

Anyways, to answer your question servantofGod...this doesn't mean you are weak in faith. The devil loves to come to us and play tricks with our minds he wants to make us doubt thats his 1st step from pulling you away from God. So you want to know what you should do. Pray, realize that God is with you every step of the way in life.
  • I know its the best way but it doesn't mean you bring it up in every disscussion espically when the verse says god is always with you?? obviously he is always with you no matter. >:(
  • I'm going to ask you a very silly, but obvious question...sometimes we miss the obvious (not saying u did)

But did u pray?
    Did you ask God to protect you and make you feel safe?
    I was just listening to a sermon by H.H. and he said stand and pray to God
    tell him I will not leave you until i receive from you such and such
    You said "Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened"
    here i am seeking your peace, i knock at the door of your mercy open to me asking for your peace Oh LORD

God Bless

Pray for me